Maintaining A Dominican Blowout (Pics Included)

nikki5852

hey, i just got a dominican blowout but my question is how do I maintain those curls so they look the same the next day. Pin curls are my enemy because they never turn out right for me lol. Any suggestions? btw its been 5 months since my last relaxer and I am currently transitioning.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 475
Your hair looks great! I was going to suggest pin curling, can't think of anything else to maintain the curls (that you can sleep with) maybe someone else will chime in

Oooh, it looks so pretty!!!!!

Besides pincurls, the only thing I can think of is to sleep with some satin covered foam rollers :perplexed

Very Pretty! I would just wrap it so it will still have bounce with less curl. How did they blow it out and yet it's so curly? Was it roots only?

Very Pretty! I would just wrap it so it will still have bounce with less curl. How did they blow it out and yet it's so curly? Was it roots only?

yeah it was only the roots. after she blew them out she pin curled my hair(she flipped them up instead of curling them under) and put me under the dryer for like 10 minutes and then took them out and that was the result

this method works for me:

cross wrap with a curl at the ends-- so instead of laying the ends flat, make a pin curl at the ends, while the rest of the hair (the length) is cross-wrapped around your head. you'll have straight hair with a flip the next day

ETA:
here are some photos of what i'm trying to say

i just took these pics for you and my hair hasn't been washed in a week, plus i haven't been wrapping it (naughty i know) but, to demonstrate the technique here are a few pics. it works for me when I want to keep the flip fresh, and not have all over curly hair.

start with your clean hair (mine is dirty please ignore)
Photo25.jpg

cross wrap the hair
Photo26.jpg

take the ends, make a little circle and pin that way, instead of pinning straight. finish with a scarf. in the morning you'll have a flip.

Photo30.jpg

Last edited:
hey, i just got a dominican blowout but my question is how do I maintain those curls so they look the same the next day. Pin curls are my enemy because they never turn out right for me lol. Any suggestions? btw its been 5 months since my last relaxer and I am currently transitioning.

i keep it up in pincurls like my avatar

Back