Maintaing length, thickness, and low breakage on Natural 4a/b hair w/ WEEKLY pressing

dlove

Is there Anyone out there that can do this?:look:

My DD loved it when I wore my hair straight for 7 days when I tried out the Sabino Moisture Block. He wants me to wear my hair "perm like/ straight" all the time. By the way, SMB is great!:yep:

Problem is: I am afraid of heat damage. Sabino swears you can crank up the Solia to 450 degrees and nothing with happen.

I was thinking of maybe plaiting up my hair in small sections and letting my hair air dry rather than blow drying my hair. This should cut down on some of the heat. Then flat ironing each small plaited section.

My question is if you are a 4b natural weekly presser and able to maintain length, thickness and low breakage regardless of frequent pressing/flat ironing, what do you do to maintain your tresses?

TIA- DLove

Re: Maintaing length, thickness, and low breakage on Natural 4a/b hair w/ WEEKLY pres

hmmm..tricky situation. True, air drying will help, but im yet to hear of anyone that has benefited from cranking up the heat on their hair every week instead of say, every other week.

Id advise that you try rollersetting instead. You can wrap after the set for the same straight look without as much damage

HTH

Re: Maintaing length, thickness, and low breakage on Natural 4a/b hair w/ WEEKLY pres

^^^I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. Are you suggesting only rollersetting to get it straight? Will that actually work on 4a/4b hair that is natural?

ooops...my bad. I didn't realize that you are natural. I don't think that rollersetting alone would get it straight, but how about you airdry and flat iron once a month as a treat for DD, and rock super sexy styles for the rest of the month?

My SO likes my hair straight, so i just explained to him why i cant wear it straight and down every single day :lachen: thankfully, he understands and allows me to call the shots with my hair. When i do wear my hair in styles he likes (like pony tails), I'm drowning in his compliments and glances :grin:

Last edited:

I use rollersetting and I'm definitely a 4 something. Truthfully....it has worked extremely well up until the month of June....just too much humidty for it to stay "silky straight".

Still recommend rollersetting and then use a flat iron to get the level of silkiness you desire.

I use rollersetting and I'm definitely a 4 something. Truthfully....it has worked extremely well up until the month of June....just too much humidty for it to stay "silky straight".

Still recommend rollersetting and then use a flat iron to get the level of silkiness you desire.

Ebonybee- Are you using magnetic rolllers? If you have time and feel like answering-please give us the scoop on rollersetting cause everytime I use magnetic rollers on my 4a/4b hair it turns out horrible-no sleek, silky anything :nono:. Thanks--

I'm sorry. I tried roller setting my hair three times before and I all I got is a bushy, thick, wave of a something or another. Someone PM'd me and said, look, you cant roller set 4b natural hair and expect smooth silky results as if you have a relaxer or natural 1,2, or 3 type hair. Below is a pic of the results the last time I attempted to roller setting. This was before I combed it out. I looked like Wanda from Sanford and Son.

Attachments

• 1312.jpg
    1312.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 50

A bump from the past...

bump bump bump

Back