Magnetic rollers...?

MissMarie23

Okay,

I want to try to roller set my hair (which is something I've never done before) and I purchased magnetic rollers.

The package says 'hair clings easliy to smooth magnetic surface for easier and faster setting.' But do you need clips, too? Would bobby pins work?

Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

You need clips or bobby pins and the hair has to be wet to help it stick smoothly to the rollers.

DITTO......have a spray bottle handy and clips ( I've never used bobbypins but I know it can be done)

Good Luck!!!!!
smile.gif

What color did you purchase? Do you want a rollerset or wrap? As for clips I like the All Purpose metal clips that clip all the way onto the inside of the roller. It will take you several times to do it, but you will get the hang of it

i have always wanted to know when you use the metal clips, do you hook two rollers together or the base of each roller. I have been placing the clip at the base.

Thank you karezone and cdd for your answers.
smile.gif

elaine, I purchased both purple and green roller (because I wasn't sure). I wanted to do the roller set to straighten my hair while it dried. I planned to wrap it after I set it.

I think I might try using the bobby pins I have when I try this in a few days, and I'll plan to look at the clips next time I'm at the Beauty Supply Store.

Thanks again, everyone!
smile.gif

You might want to give the ones with snap on covers a try some time. I think they might be easier for an inexperienced roller setter to use, but that's just my opinion - I've been roller setting for years and I still prefer snap ons.
laugh.gif
Perhaps you can try both and see which you prefer.

Back