Magic Star Comb...is it worth it?

I now detangle with a paddle brush first (also from Hercules Saagemann) and do a final comb-through with the Magic Star Jumbo Rake, and I still feel that the comb is worth the investment.

I've had my comb for seven years as well. I've dropped it probably a million times in the shower and it's still going strong. Well, outside of the gold eventually fading (the name is still etched in the rubber), it's still a keeper :yep:.

Another place that has pretty good prices is at https://www.hotcombs.net/ Right now, they have a 10% discount code on their site which would make the Jumbo Rake around $15.75.

I bought the tail comb from them (hotcombs.net) this year.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
So I placed my order on the Magic Comb Set. I really need a good comb that I can use on dry (natural) hair. I already have Ouidad Double Detangler which I use on wet hair but it's not so good on dry hair. Wish me luck ladies! I'll be back for an update.

I have the magic star comb and it is the best detangling comb I ever had. I can detangle my hair with ease after 2 weeks of not combing my hair. Also I don't hear snap, crackle, and pop when I use this comb.

I've had my comb for seven years as well. I've dropped it probably a million times in the shower and it's still going strong. Well, outside of the gold eventually fading (the name is still etched in the rubber), it's still a keeper :yep:.

Another place that has pretty good prices is at https://www.hotcombs.net/ Right now, they have a 10% discount code on their site which would make the Jumbo Rake around $15.75.

I bought the tail comb from them (hotcombs.net) this year.

I purchased mine from hotcombs.net as well and they have excellent customer service....I ordered 3 of the combs from the magic star series and they are the BEST!

I purchased mine from hotcombs.net as well and they have excellent customer service....I ordered 3 of the combs from the magic star series and they are the BEST!

Yes, I agree hotcombs.com has the best customer service. They called me today because they wanted assurance about my address and were so professional. They even shipped it out the same day I ordered. They have a new customer!:yep:

Does anyone know where I can get a 3-in-1 bone comb like the one's they sell at sally's and bss? You know the ones with the pick like ends and then a wide tooth and medium tooth on either sides? Those are the combs I usually use but I can't find a bone comb equivalent of it. I suppose they don't exist...

Does anyone know where I can get a 3-in-1 bone comb like the one's they sell at sally's and bss? You know the ones with the pick like ends and then a wide tooth and medium tooth on either sides? Those are the combs I usually use but I can't find a bone comb equivalent of it. I suppose they don't exist...

I don't believe they make an authentic bone comb with those features.

Yes, I agree hotcombs.com has the best customer service. They called me today because they wanted assurance about my address and were so professional. They even shipped it out the same day I ordered. They have a new customer!:yep:

I completely ordered the wrong comb, so I emailed them the next day....and within minutes she had changed my order and credited my paypal with the difference, no drama, no arguments, just speedy service....I love them....and u are so right about dropping the comb, I drop mine constantly and it is still going strong. These really are the best combs I have ever used....

I got mine in the mail today and whoooaaa! I really like this comb. I detangled on damped aloe vera misted hair. I like the way it feels on my scalp. I havent combed my hair in a week. I got about 5 quarter sized hair balls. Cant wait to see how combing is after the wash.

I love my magic star jumbo rake comb. In my book seamless combs are a must have.

I use my fingers for detangling mostly, but the rake comb is always around for the days I want a picked out fro....

I like this mini and large comb combo. I works great for detangling. I use it before I use the tangle teezer for virtually tangle free 4b natural hair.

I plan to order this comb soon but Hot Combs.com is sold out right now.:(

They have the option for you to pre-order the comb now. I just did it.... They've been out of stock for a while but I got the email this morning saying it will be mailed out next week if I pre order it now.

I have boththe large and small Magic Star combs. The smaller one is better for my hair as the teeth are pointier - they seem to detangle more smoothly. Love both combs though.

I have boththe large and small Magic Star combs. The smaller one is better for my hair as the teeth are pointier - they seem to detangle more smoothly. Love both combs though.

Yea Ita I love the mini ones I ordered the curved one and the regular one and they are both great but I wanted to try the jumbo since its the one that had all the rave reviews... Can't wait to get it!

i ordered the mini because they were out of the jumbo and the mini is too small for my hair. i was so mad i gave it to my mom who is relaxed.

They have the option for you to pre-order the comb now. I just did it.... They've been out of stock for a while but I got the email this morning saying it will be mailed out next week if I pre order it now.

Oh thanks!! I will try that option since I really want a bigger comb.

I have the jumbo one. I've had it for about 6 years. It was great on my relaxed hair and now it's great on my natural hair.

Bump for more reviews.

Anyone with experience with the magic rake and ouidad? Which do you prefer?

I have been using this comb all year and I love it. I got the jumbo size. It's my go to shower comb, since I purchased this comb I barely touch my Jibere comb. I have seamless combs in all sizes and this is a favorite.

i have been using the jumbo for a few months now and it is amazing. very smooth and glides through the hair with no problem at all. its a must have for me.

I actually just placed an order for the jumbo comb, had my eye on it for a min and finally decided to take the plunge, really excited to get it.

Back