made then fixed an ends problem...but need advice for future

B_sWife79

I thought I'd post this in case there were any other beginners out there that have done the same thing and need a quick fix. This morning I washed my hair with generic amino pon poo, quick conditioned with VO5 then deep conditioned with Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment under dryer for 1/2 hr. It appeared that all was well. Then I wrapped a scarf around my head to keep edges flat, left back out and sat under my soft bonnet dryer. Result? Crunchy brittle feeling ends...:blush::wallbash::ohwell::nono:the fix, section hair into 6 vertical sections. Apply a little Silk Elements leave in cream to ends seal with hot six oil, then wrap ends in end paper and roll from ends up on purple flexi rods. Sit around the house for about 1/2 hour, remove. Result? Smooth ends that look like they never had a problem...I'm so thrilled my morning mishap didn't result in a trim...:grin::grin::grin:

Question for the future...It has taken me forever to dry my hair on purple flexis before because there is no air circulation since the flexis have no holes. This leads me to believe that the only way to decrease drying time some is to dry loose for a bit (with scarf) but at what point should i put the flexi's in? Has anyone had experience with "mixed methods" drying? Any advice is appreciated.

You should try perm rods. They have holes in them, so the hair can reach the ends of your hair and dry them faster. There are small skinny perm rods and there are thick perm rods, so you can use whatever size you want when it comes to drying your hair under the dryer.

I use dry setting.

Dry with scarf method, then take a spray bottle mix and dampen hair, section by section, and set on permrods or flexirods or magnetic rollers. (Magnetic rollers actually come out better with the wet set, but the damp set works in pinch) It's pretty quick to dry that way.

I prefer not to manipulate my hair when wet, except detangling.

Thanks to both of you choppybob and blueflower! I don't have perm rods, but will look into getting some. I do like the idea of air flow. I think I might end up combining the ideas and doing damp setting ON the perm rods. That's my issue too, I don't want to manipulate much when wet because I have very fine strands and they don't take alot to really mess up. They seem so much stronger dry! It hadn't occurred to me that I could let them dry and re-wet. Choppybob, have you had any problems with the "2 doses" of heat, or do you airdry? Funny how little I know about my own hair...I'm still experimenting, but its much healthier than it was before LHCF.

Any more ideas out there? I'd love to hear a variety of perspectives:grin:

Back