Mad about my hair!

phynestone

I took out my sew-in weave a few days ago and thought I detangled it pretty well. I combed my hair with a wide-toothed comb and then a thinner-toothed comb to make sure all the tangles were out before washing it. When I washed it, there were so many tangles that I wanted to cry. :cry:I used quite a bit of conditioner to comb it out, but the tangles were BAD!!!!! I lost chunks of hair and I am about 20 weeks post. After I air dried my hair, I flat-ironed it b/c I wanted to check my growth. The good news is that I'm back to APL, but it appears as if the bottom middle of my hair is breaking off and I don't know why. The bottom sides are longer (at APL), but the bottom middle is at SL. I just want to cry. I keep my hair protected at all times and I received the lovely gifts of two "trims" this year, both of which had 3 inches or so of my hair cut off. I don't even wan to receive trims anymore. I'm that pissed. But I'm still claiming APL, for now. :ohwell:

I think you should wash in sections. Braid or twist you hair in sections after detangling and in the shower wash each section separately. Rebraid when you are done with each section. That should help with tangles.

I am So Sorry to hear this, But maybe its not actually breaking Per-Sei', it may be breakage from the actual detangling situation, so don't panick, Just pamper, and balance Your Protein and Moisture for a while, and see what happens, You may need one small trim to get the bad ends off that occurred when You detangled. But everything will be all right. From what You say, You have been doing a Good job of taking care of Your hair, just keep up the Good work and it will pay off.

I think you should wash in sections. Braid or twist you hair in sections after detangling and in the shower wash each section separately. Rebraid when you are done with each section. That should help with tangles.

You're right. This is what I normally do, but I was in a hurry to see my hair after taking down the weave. I think I'll just leave it up to the stylist. I'm tired of dealing with this crap!

Back