Macherieamour!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

ChasingBliss

I just wanted to tell you that I purchased all my Keracare products and yesterday I washed and conditioned my hair for the FIRST time with them. Just to let you know I printed and followed your blog all except for the setting part. I actually put my hair in two braids... I love it. I will be setting my hair on Sunday night and I am positive it will come out beautifully just by the way the texture, softness and shine looks now. I am kicking Nexxus to the curb because my hair never came out like this before. I stayed with Nexxus so long because I thought and still think it was very good to my hair. But Keracare has come off to a very good start with me, PLUS, there is a smoothness it provides that I didnt get from Nexxus products.

For too long it seemed like everyone I know on and offline who uses keracare products has beautiful healthy looking hair. It started with my best friend who has been using it faithfully for years, her hair is relaxed, 4b and it's just past her brastrap. It grows like a weed and always looks healthy, shiney and thick. She always said it was the Keracare and her care, but it just didnt gel with me. BUT NOW It's gelled :lol:...Yep Im sticking with it.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!:)

Awww shucks... now your gonna make me go out and try the poo and humecto again.... LOL

So you bought everything that Macherie uses huh ?

WOW! Thanks Honey!

Im Soooooo Glad they work out for you!!!!!!:D

I must admit, I have changed a couple things recently. I ran out of Biosilk and used Silken Seal last time. It worked great. Instead of ORS olive oil, i use the oil moisturizer right after I take out the rollers and the Conditioning Creme Headdress to moisturize during the week. I also use Keracare Glossifier when i undo the wrap in the morning and Keracare OIl Sheen instead of Motions. Basically, everything is Keracare. ORS Mayo is here to stay tho.

I still use biosilk ( I keep the bottle in my bag for use during the day). And I keep the Olive oil at my bf's house for the weekends. Both are still great products:)

My regimen is in my fotki in the ABout me section. I have to update the one in the blog with the stuff mentioned above:)

Oh yeah...Keracare is awesome! :up:

I love the Keracare line. :yep:
Keracare and Design Essentials are becoming my new favorite lines! I still like Nexxus (love Humectress! :love: ), but Keracare shampoos just give my hair more "moisture" and slip I feel. After I use the Hydrating shampoo, I feel like I don't even need a conditioner! :eek:

I believe that Keracare was made more for "our" hair, while Nexxus (although a very GOOD line) was made more for caucasian hair. That doesn't mean that the Nexxus line is bad, or wont' work on AA hair (after all...hair is hair...it's made of the same material), but I think keracare just tailors their products more for AA hair... You know, moisture, non-stripping shampoos, oils, etc. I don't even think the Nexxus line has any essential oils. :(

macherieamour said:
WOW! Thanks Honey!

I must admit, I have changed a couple things recently. I ran out of Biosilk and used Silken Seal last time. It worked great. Instead of ORS olive oil, i use the oil moisturizer right after I take out the rollers and the Conditioning Creme Headdress to moisturize during the week. I also use Keracare Glossifier when i undo the wrap in the morning and Keracare OIl Sheen instead of Motions. Basically, everything is Keracare. ORS Mayo is here to stay tho.

I still use biosilk ( I keep the bottle in my bag for use during the day). And I keep the Olive oil at my bf's house for the weekends. Both are still great products:)

My regimen is in my fotki in the ABout me section. I have to update the one in the blog with the stuff mentioned above:)

Awww... fotki is blocked from my job... i will check it out when i get home.

macherieamour said:
WOW! Thanks Honey!

Thanks for sharing this...perhaps in time, I may try some of the other stuff but right now, Im so in love with the state of my hair.

...I sure wish I had jumped on this KC bandwagon sooner.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Oh yeah...Keracare is awesome! :up:

I love the Keracare line. :yep:
Keracare and Design Essentials are becoming my new favorite lines! I still like Nexxus (love Humectress! :love: ), but Keracare shampoos just give my hair more "moisture" and slip I feel. After I use the Hydrating shampoo, I feel like I don't even need a conditioner! :eek:

I believe that Keracare was made more for "our" hair, while Nexxus (although a very GOOD line) was made more for caucasian hair. That doesn't mean that the Nexxus line is bad, or wont' work on AA hair (after all...hair is hair...it's made of the same material), but I think keracare just tailors their products more for AA hair... You know, moisture, non-stripping shampoos, oils, etc. I don't even think the Nexxus line has any essential oils. :(

The bolded crossed my mind too.

Keracare IS good, but lets not forget that Nexxas is no cone, so the slip won't be all that. I love how keracare makes my hair feel too. But I love the true moisture that Humectress provides.

I still use my Humectress as a pre-poo or a leave in mixed with Humecto. But I am still married to Aveda DR:kissing4:

I agree Macherie is awesome!! :yep:Hmmph.....You guys are really going to make me have to try Keracare when my Nexxus runs out. I was thinking..."if it aint broke, dont fix it" but with all of these great reviews I just have to try!!! :look:

MizaniMami said:
Keracare IS good, but lets not forget that Nexxas is no cone, so the slip won't be all that. I love how keracare makes my hair feel too. But I love the true moisture that Humectress provides.

I still use my Humectress as a pre-poo or a leave in mixed with Humecto. But I am still married to Aveda DR:kissing4:

I started with Humectress, then I moved to Humecto, now I'm devoted to Aveda DR too. I think Aveda leaves Nexxus and Keracare in the dust as far as in shower conditioning. Aveda has just enough protein to keep your hair from turning to mush but not enough to make it hard. It's perfect.

With that said, I should also say I LOVE Keracare's Moisturizer w/ Jojoba. My hair thinks it's some kind of holy grail. I just ordered the largest bottle I could find. I also ordered some of Keracare's other (after wash) products to test out. But my regimen is set (after 9 months of trial and error).

I use:
Aveda mixed with amla as a pre-poo
Sally's Hardwater Conditioner in shower
Aveda's Elixir Leave-in (or Mango & Lime)
Keracare Moisturizer w/ Jojoba
Whatever oil I have handy (usually wild grow or ebene)
A little protein gel 'round the ends.

Bun it for two days applying more Keracare every night and every morning.

But I can't wait to try their headress and serum!

agrrrh thanks alot!!! LOL i got my nexxus this week- now i wanna use keracare... i think i may see how it goes then add a few keracare stuff along the way.

I jumped on the Keracare bandwagon a couple on months ago and my hair loves it. I want to thak the ladies for letting me know about this stuff. I use Keracare and Nexxus both and I love them both.:D

naturaline said:
agrrrh thanks alot!!! LOL i got my nexxus this week- now i wanna use keracare... i think i may see how it goes then add a few keracare stuff along the way.

Don't worry...nexxus is a good line. :yep:
I just find that when I'm trying to stretch my relaxers, Keracare works better for me. So, it's almost like I use Nexxus at the beginning of the "early" stages of my relaxer touchup, and then use the Keracare/Design Essentials line when I'm further weeks post touch-up. :lol: Sounds strange...but hey...it works!

Even if one day I decide to give up the whole Nexxus line, Humectress would STILL be my #1 staple moisturizing conditioner though. :up: That conditioner is no joke when it comes to moisturizing! ;)

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Don't worry...nexxus is a good line. :yep:
I just find that when I'm trying to stretch my relaxers, Keracare works better for me. So, it's almost like I use Nexxus at the beginning of the "early" stages of my relaxer touchup, and then use the Keracare/Design Essentials line when I'm further weeks post touch-up. :lol: Sounds strange...but hey...it works!

Even if one day I decide to give up the whole Nexxus line, Humectress would STILL be my #1 staple moisturizing conditioner though. :up: That conditioner is no joke when it comes to moisturizing! ;)

Pretty much my story but I gave up the Nexxus (except my Keraphix). Now my main lines Keracare, Elucence and Design Essentials with a few things from other lines here and there.

Your hair is stunning! I saved your blog/fotki to my favorites so I can stalk it...:lol:

macherieamour said:
WOW! Thanks Honey!

I purchase mine mostly from Irbys and discount-beauty.com (free shipping if you purchase $60.00 or more).

Used Keracare on my hair last night and WHOOOOO! :eek: :yay:

The shampoo is fantastic, so much slip I couldn't believe it. And the silken seal...my hair was so light and felt so soft, it was amazing. I think I've found my holy grail of products.

*heading back to store to buy more kerecare stuff*

Macherieamour knows what she's talkin' about! :grin: Girl,you're my hero!

I just left the beauty supply store where I purchased a few KeraCare products. Only thing is they did not have the Silken Seal and I really want to try that!! I think I may try the entire line!! I can't help it!! It's the PJ in me!

Back