M.O.M *Holding nose* Umm Motions anybody??

Irresistible

I love the stuff and how it works on my daughter's hair...but i cant stand the smell no more ya'll....its ok....sometimes it doesnt bother me , but its just started to bother me more and more lately. But I'm thinking why use it at all when we dont have to??? its done its job, but I know there is something else that will get the job done. of course there is Recovery, but i like to have a couple or a few choices of things to use.

so i was eyeing this bottle of Motions oil moisturizer.(The yellow one, I hated the Pink one) Ive had here and havent used in a long time(I have no clue why)...i smelled it, whew, much much better!!

Checked out the ingredients , looks fine, no protien. so I tried it a little bit on my hair today, smells good!!! I need to take it down and drench it in it though to see how its really gonna work......i just did a touch up job. But at least I'm pleased with the down winds that grab my nose, unlike sometimes when i catch a downwind of my daughter's hair.

anyone using this as their daily leave in /moisturizer???? How do you like it???

its seems kinda light, not sure if its gonna really hold our hair down and in place at all.

M.O.M has got to go!!!! It was nice while it lasted!

Wow, ur 'bout to get rid of M.O.M??? It looks like it works soooo well on ur baby's hair. I finally got around to using mine again yesterday... I liked it.. made my hair really shiny & it felt really moisturized :up: . Now I wanna give it a try on freshly clean hair.

Oh yeah, I dig the scent. I luv African Royale Hot Six Oil... (( now this oil's scent will definitely get on ur nerves after a while :lol: )) . African royale uses many of the same ingredients in both of these products.. that's the only reason why I purchased M.O.M. So far, my natural hair is responding well to it :cool:

Yes girl I'm gonna ditch it. Its smells ok in the bottle and on the first few uses, then it just smells kinda "off" after a while. I dont think I can take it anymore lol

It did work great on her hair...but girl there are too many products out there that might not smell like that and work just as good

I'm eyein the motions....meant to try it today , but havent yet. It smells much better (the yellow bottle)

The hot six made me itchy , its sittin in my bathroom unused since one use. So it must be somethin with their products i dunno. It was ok, the smell has just been wearing on me lately, then I finally asked my daughter and she admitted to not particularly liking it either....so we are gonna try something else....if not the "smelly" M.O.M is always there to go back to

Peachtree said:
Wow, ur 'bout to get rid of M.O.M??? It looks like it works soooo well on ur baby's hair. I finally got around to using mine again yesterday... I liked it.. made my hair really shiny & it felt really moisturized :up: . Now I wanna give it a try on freshly clean hair.

Oh yeah, I dig the scent. I luv African Royale Hot Six Oil... (( now this oil's scent will definitely get on ur nerves after a while :lol: )) . African royale uses many of the same ingredients in both of these products.. that's the only reason why I purchased M.O.M. So far, my natural hair is responding well to it :cool:

oh yeah we ditched the Daily Doctor a year or so ago, It wreaked havoc on her hair too, it was the glycerine in it. So African Royale is just losing my business steadily. not bad products.....just not what i hope for totally almost every time.

I think I know which Motions moisturizer ur talking about. I haven't tried it... please do give a review on it. Motions was my fav product line during my relaxed days. I used just about everything except the relaxer.... shoot, now I'm curious about the moisturizer :scratchchin: ...

I recently tried Motions CPR Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion (in a yellow bottle) and it seems to work fine. I also like that it is supposed to be an "anti-breakage" formula. I have used the one in the pink bottle too and I like it, but it just started to bother me a little and I found something that was better for my hair. I also recently tried AllWays Instant Oil Moisturizer/Leave In Conditioner and I like it alot. This product has no "scent" like other moisturizers. It made my hair very soft after I put it on my hair and I had no problems combing or brushing afterwards. I was kinda surprised that it worked so well because it doesn't seem to be that popular.

I still use the M.O.M but I can honestly say it's a different moisturizer than it used to be. The formula has changed in the last few years. The consistency is lighter and the smell I used to like is gone. They also removed the glycerine and added mineral oil. It's working for me OK now but I can see myself giving it up eventually.

Here's a list of moisturizers that have worked well with my natural hair in the past year:

ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion
African Pride Blends Carrot Creme
African Pride Olive Oil/Rosemary Creme
Bronner Bros. Max Strength Oil Moisturizer w/Castor Oil and Aloe

Back