M.N. WITHOUT side effects!!

TemiLnd

Hello ladyz,
I know a lot of you have used MN with no side effects but for the majority that do get side effects, I may have a solution for you.

I bought MN a few weeks ago and used it with a mix of Castor oil and EVOO but the next morning my scalp was very tender and felt like I had a slight burn. No scabbing just like when you have a relaxer and you burn a little, not enough for lasting damage.:perplexed

Anyway I decided to only use it once a week. Yesterday Cocothekitten [London resident] told me you can buy MN for the scalp and it can even be used for nappy rash. :babyb: This encouraged me on to try again.

So last night I mixed MN with what LHCF ladyz call grease. I used my Hair Fertiliser. It’s very thick and I used equal parts of both – neat. And it worked!!! This morning I have no sign of a headache, no itching, no tender scalp, no nothing……:yay:
Don’t get me wrong I love me some Castor and EVOO but I think ill stick to that for my MTG alternative mix. I may be back on the MN wagon. :band2:

Happy MN laydz

TemiLnd said:
Hello ladyz,
I know a lot of you have used MN with no side effects but for the majority that do get side effects, I may have a solution for you.

I bought MN a few weeks ago and used it with a mix of Castor oil and EVOO but the next morning my scalp was very tender and felt like I had a slight burn. No scabbing just like when you have a relaxer and you burn a little, not enough for lasting damage.:perplexed

Anyway I decided to only use it once a week. Yesterday Cocothekitten [London resident] told me you can buy MN for the scalp and it can even be used for nappy rash. :babyb: This encouraged me on to try again.

So last night I mixed MN with what LHCF ladyz call grease. I used my Hair Fertiliser. It’s very thick and I used equal parts of both – neat. And it worked!!! This morning I have no sign of a headache, no itching, no tender scalp, no nothing……:yay:
Don’t get me wrong I love me some Castor and EVOO but I think ill stick to that for my MTG alternative mix. I may be back on the MN wagon. :band2:

Happy MN laydz

Hey TemiLnd,
I'm not quite getting what you mean by the bit i've highlighted. Did you use the Daktarin straight out of the tube then go over your scalp again with grease OR did you mix the two together and then apply?

Do you have a picture of the Daktarin you used?

Thanks.

Glad to hear you may have found a solution to your reaction to the M.N! I think that stuff works great as a topical agent, I just can't get with the headaches. :nono:

I never had any sensitivity to it in the form of soreness/tenderness, it was mild headaches and nausea. :ill: Those effects came on after about 2-3 weeks of almost daily use. I noticed most recently when I last tried using it that when I scaled it back to 2 or 3 times a week, mixed with Lenzi's Request that I didn't have the side effects but the growth was quite as fast either. But, I did develop a bit of dandruff which I NEVER have :mad:. I wonder if that was from using it and not doing my conditioner washes since I was in braids at the time?

Anyway, best of luck to you with the MN! I'm off of it for a while but I'll keep an eye out for your results!

VWV

Oh...and this Hair Fertiliser, that wouldn't happen to be the Virgin Hair Fertilizer in the tube, the real thick stuff that makes your scalp tingle like nobody's business would it? :grin:

Bublin said:
Hey TemiLnd,
I'm not quite getting what you mean by the bit i've highlighted. Did you use the Daktarin straight out of the tube then go over your scalp again with grease OR did you mix the two together and then apply?

Do you have a picture of the Daktarin you used?

Thanks.

Sorry I should have been clearer.
I mixed the Daktarin and grease together in equal parts and then applied it. I will be using it 2 / 3 times a week. Here’s a picdaktarin_dual_action_cream_2.jpg
But this is the one im gona change to once I finish the first. Daktarin_Cream_15g.jpg
I hope thats clearer. Hola if you need more infor :)

Oh...and this Hair Fertiliser, that wouldn't happen to be the Virgin Hair Fertilizer in the tube, the real thick stuff that makes your scalp tingle like nobody's business would it? :grin:[/quote]

Yeah VWV,
That exactly the one I mean. That stuff is wonderful, Ive been using it for years and im sure it’s part of the reason my hair grows so fast. See my Fotki. The tingle is great. Glad someone else uses it in this forum.

Happy growing

Im glad you found a solution but after my first use I had scalp burn that lasted almost two weeks. For me it's not worth it.

Back