Lye Texlaxers (4a-b) - Which Brand Do You Use?

CORBINS

I've been reading many threads on Lye vs. No-Lye Relaxers and ya'll have convinced me to switch to a Lye relaxer.

I'd like to know which brands are being used by those who texlax and are 4a/b.

Thanks!

Usually use ORS but this last time I used Silk Elements in the brown jar and my hair turned out really soft!

I'm a 4b texlaxer who uses Revlon Realistic Lye--Regular. I add nothing to it; I just cut processing time in half (12 minutes).

Thanks for all of the replies ladies!

I think I'm gonna go out and purchase the ORS Lye relaxer today. I'll do a good wash and protein treatment today, then give it a try this weekend! I've been texlaxing with no-lye relaxers and my hair has been so dry. I've used porosity control, honey, co-washing and I'm getting tired.

I use mizani butter blend (fine/color treated=mild)...LOVE it! Good luck with your decision and keep us posted on how it goes! I love my texlaxed hair!

I have been using HAwaiian silky for the past year, it isnt lye, it's a lithium hydroxide relaxer. it is not harsh, it doesnt burn me and I am tender headed, but I also base my scalp really well. I mix Chi silk infusion and coconut oil and coat the length of my hair with a protein conditioner with vaseline on the ends and it takes about 15-18 mintues for full apllication. I wash it out and my hair has the perfect coil. Perfect. I don't want to ever switch from this relaxer. Oh and BTW it is really inexpensive, like $6 for a 16oz jar.
Hope your choice was satisfactory. Can't wait to see results.

i'm about to make the switch from no-lye to lye as well. every day i'm fighting dryness, no matter how much leave-in conditioner or oil i put on my hair. i want to see if using lye will make a difference in the dryness and the breaking.

i'm thinking of trying either ORS lye (i currently use their no-lye) or silk elements.

my last couple of texlaxes where Silk elements mild in the bronze jar. If i ever go back to texlaxing that's exactly what i would go back to. It's so mild and my hair felt like silk.

Hawaiian Silky Mild Lye..... I will never stray it works for me and even tho I want to try Mizani I am not taking chances on another set back

Back