Lye Relaxers

toni44

Ladies I want to try a Lye relaxer, never used one , does anybody know if Affirm is a good ? and if not please suggest one better.....im looking for something that does not dry out my hair.

Currently using Profectiv no-lye

i don't know if affirm is good as i've never used it before... but i switched from optimum no-lye to silk elements lye(reg) about 1 1/2 yrs ago and i love it... believe it or not it's gentler on my hair... it does not get my hair bone straight, i still have wave a pattern left... i thought it would be just as strong or stronger than my no-lye, nope... so i'm unofficially texlaxed...

I've used affirm mild and regular lye and I believe it's a good relaxer. I switched from a no lye, so I've only used the affirm 3 times but I like it.

I've used Affirm before and it was decent, but I switched to Silk Elements and haven't gone back. It leaves my hair very smooth, while still maintaining body. I don't think it does a very good job of getting hair bone straight, but I aim for being slightly underprocessed anyway.

If I get another relaxer, I was going to consider using Linange Shea Butter Relaxer. I've heard great things about it as well.

I'm texlaxed and using profectiv right now, but I plan to switch to MBB this year. I'm on a four month stretch so my next touch up is in April. I'll let you know how it went.

I'm texlaxed and using profectiv right now, but I plan to switch to MBB this year. I'm on a four month stretch so my next touch up is in April. I'll let you know how it went.

Yes, Im going to buy the Mizani Butter Blends as well, a friend of mine said the Affirm is a bit strong , even the gentle version , and she lost some of her hair . I know it can be due lack of care, but i'll steer clear of it . :yep:

Thanks OP for posting I am looking for a lye relaxer as well. I must step it up, pretty soon I will be 5 months post and it is time to relax.

Is anyone still using Alter Ego linange relaxer?

I am. Its been nearly 4 years now and I have no desire to switch to another brand. My hair does better with lye and Linange left my hair with more body and moisture than other brands I've used (Mizani, Affirm, Silk Elements). My hair also seems to be smoother, as much as texturized hair can be smooth, sleeker, and shinier after relaxing with Linange. Oh, I use the Linange Texturizer.

I use Mizani lye for fine/color treated hair. Works great for me - no breakage, dryness burning before time is up, or shedding. I also follow the relaxer steps which include a midstep moisture/protein treatment before neutralizing. Before using lye I used Mizani no-lye for sensitive scalp. One of the main reasons I switched to lye is even if I left it on for the minimum amount of time the No Lye formula had my hair bone straight - which I didn't want.

I used the MBB regular lye and it left my hair perfect with texture. I switched to ORS lye and I liked it, but I prefer the MBB and will use it my next relaxer stretch. It really left my hair moisturized.

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

Back