Lye RELAXER Questions? TIA!!!

F

FunJoy!

Hi Ladies!!!:grin: OK, So I've finally decided to make the switch from no lye to LYE!!! I won't talk down on no-lye because it has served me well but it just does NOT :ohwell: do it anymore. I'm going to stretch for 6 months (Ill be done in June) and i want to try lye then.

My choices are:

Silk Elements Lye
OR
Organic Root Stimulator Lye

My Questions:

~Which would you recommend? (Most votes determines this)
~Where can i get the products to go with these because they only come in the tub??? (Site recommendations with entire sets would be WONDERFUL)

Thanks! ALSO, how long can you keep a NEVER OPENED LYE RELAXER? DOES it ever go bad?

I'm in the same position. I'm in the process of doing a 6 month stretch. I a now 4 months post. My 2 relaxer choices were organic root stimulator and silk elements, the no-lye version. After I finally decided that the ors would be the next to try, I read a post of how toxic it was. Go to www.cosmeticdatabase.com, click on hair care and then double click on relaxers. On a scale from 0-10, it's an 8 meaning very hazardous. Silk elements is not listed at all but if you send an email of the ingredients they'll determine the safety.

Last edited:
Thanks! ALSO, how long can you keep a NEVER OPENED LYE RELAXER? DOES it ever go bad?

I'm not sure, but relaxers do expire. It depends on where you purchased it from and how long there shelf life is. I don't recommend applying any expired products to the hair, you could go bald.

:scratchch...Thats still not a problem for me....Relaxers are chemicals, which are toxins, so it really doesn't affect my view.

Back