Lye perm help!!!!

MsWhite

I'm thinking of switching from no-lye ORS to Designers Touch textures lye. I am 3 months post and I have 3 more weeks to go. My hair has just been to dry. I've clarified I have found my protein moisture balance and nothing works:nono:. I have not used a lye perm in over 6 years. The only reason I stopped is because I have a sensitive scalp and the shedding I received from lye perms were ridiculous. So needless to say I'm a lil scared:perplexed. Has any one ever tried Designers Touch. My sisters used to for her last touch up I loved the texture of her after she was done:grin:. But her hair is in a short bob and always looks beautiful. I just wanted to know if it would work on my long fine hair. I'm open to all opinions right now I'm just confused:spinning:....

I recently tried ORS-lye...no shedding! Prior to, I always used Motions. Now I am going to stick with ORS-lye. Also, I have a sensitive scalp. Good luck.

Have you ttied using a chelating shampoo or just a regular clarifying shampoo? A chelating helps to get rid of the mineral deposits on the hair. The mineral deposits come from the no lye relaxer which is what makes the hair dry. but a chelating shampoo is a simple remedy for it.

I just did my hair with Designers Touch textures lye it worked for my sister who has short hair. I will never complain about no-lye ever again. After using Designers Touch textures lye my hair is the driest it has ever been in my life. I could not even detangle it when it was wet it was to matted. But no need of crying over spilled milk I guess. Im sad though my hair was doing so great :wallbash:well back to no-lye

Girl, please try ORS Lye, I have sensitive, fine( extremely) hair. I used this for my last touch up ther was no burning and my hair feels amazing. I shant be switching again.

I feel you. Am also considering lye but i had a change of mind today as in the past my scalp always burn in the salon remember tears as a teenager as my hair is thick but i have sensitive scalp. my hair is feeling more moisturise lately, I think its the biweekly deep conditioning.
you need to try a chelating shampoo though- ors neutralising either the aloe shampoo or the professional formula is good.

Back