Lye after No Lye.

Trinigirl

I would like to know if it is safe to use a lye relaxer after using a no lye relaxer. My hair is dry and I noticed that a lot of the girls that use no lye, ususally dont' have problems with dryness, I might be wrong.I know we are not hairdressers, but I would like to know if anyone has done this transition, Please help me. Thanks.

I've gone back and forth several times. It can be done if you don't start that "corrective relaxer" stuff and overlap the chemicals.....

Just do your new growth with whatever relaxer you choose, and you should be fine.

i think it's alright to switch between different lye relaxers and between diffenet no-lye relaxers but not between lye and no-lye. you can switch from no-lye to lye but i would recommend you only do it if your planning to stick with lye. for my last retouch i switched to a lye relaxer(revlon mild) and i have'nt looked back.
p.s i don't think it's necassery to do a corrective relaxer. i did'nt

I did this and my dry hair from no lye texturizer regained its moisture. The sad part.... I underestimated my time frame again and still did not process my hair the way I wanted. :mad: I think I will prob go back to relaxing one my hair grows out a bit more.

Back