Lust or love and commitment

Mena

How can you tell if you are in love with someone? What is the difference between love and lust?

I am asking because I am thinking about my past relationships and I don't know if I ever Loved anyone I dated. I have one ex that I am unsure about that is still into me. I have one that I KNEW it was only strong lust. The other was a mixture of lust and like but the relationship didn't go far because we aren't compatible.

I am just trying to figure out my feelings. I think I maybe afraid of commitment when things get too serious.

I see lust as "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye, and love & commitment as "Here and Now" by Luther Vandross. :grin:

"The fornication of the eyes is to look with lust; the fornication of the tongue is to speak lustful things; the fornication of the hands is to touch with lust; the fornication of the feet is to walk towards lust; the fornication of the heart is to desire evil."

I bumped the thread, "Preparing for the Realities, of Marriage", for you. It has a lot of insightful information, to help you with your dating endeavors. HTH

Back