Lurker Veteran No More!

PBE718

Hey Ladies! I'd just like to introduce myself. My name is PrettyBrownEyes718. I've been a lurker on LHCF since 2006 (Oh my.. it's been almost 7 years!). I was introduced to this hair forum back when I was in high school and would drown myself in these threads for hours every day! Glad to finally be a member of the mother hair board!! :drunk:

I have a youtube vid of my hair journey from 2006 to the end of 2009 (relaxer days, I transitioned to natural soon after). I would not have gotten that far without this forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TIyXi0iNcY&list=PLVoDh3_Zb972YTsmNY4v09-CbIolUJI-s&index=2

Happy New Year Ladies!

welcome and that's a good video. You are right, once you figured everything out your hair started sprouting like crazy! What is your regimen now that you are natural, and do you wear it in curly or straightened styles?

welcome and that's a good video. You are right, once you figured everything out your hair started sprouting like crazy! What is your regimen now that you are natural, and do you wear it in curly or straightened styles?
Thanks! Yep, the first year was definitely an introduction/experimental stage for me. It took a while to see real consistent progress because I had to trim off damaged/uneven ends and had a few setbacks experimenting with different products and methods. Once, I passed that stage, I was golden!

For my natural hair regimen (I have to get back on that asap!) ideally, I'd wash and deep condition once a week, moisturize and seal at least 5 times a week, and braid/twist my hair every night to stretch it. I found that keeping it simple works for me. Though I am itching to try cowashing mid week again (helped my hair alot when I was relaxed) And now that my hair is longer, I do find that I may need to do more protective styles (hair now touches shoulders when I do my twistouts and braid outs).

I wear my hair in a natural most of the time but I do straighten it about every 2-3 months (I wear it straight for only one week).

Last edited:
Back