>>Luncheon Question<< 1st date

AnjelLuvs

Okay guys I need your assistance...

This guy I met is considerably older than I (like, he has a son my same age :perplexed), I am not really interested, but I thought I would open up my options to date all types of men , explore all options... I meet this dude in a retail clothing store... We haven't really talked on phone that much...

We have setup a lunch for 1pm, but he is running late, because he is with a client.... So, i was saying that I would go get a bite, maybe some fruit.... He states that maybe I should "get a banana".. then proceeds to snicker in background.... I was thinking WTF... then when I say something like okay come on thats mad in appropriate, he states that I need to lighten up.... which is what a lot of guys tend to tell me nowadays...

So i proceed to state that a couple of things has rubbed me wrong way and that date is maybe not a good idea.... he continues to say that I need to lighten up.

Do I need to lighten up?

Okay guys I need your assistance...

This guy I met is considerably older than I (like, he has a son my same age :perplexed), I am not really interested, but I thought I would open up my options to date all types of men , explore all options... I meet this dude in a retail clothing store... We haven't really talked on phone that much...

We have setup a lunch for 1pm, but he is running late, because he is with a client.... So, i was saying that I would go get a bite, maybe some fruit.... He states that maybe I should "get a banana".. then proceeds to snicker in background.... I was thinking WTF... then when I say something like okay come on thats mad in appropriate, he states that I need to lighten up.... which is what a lot of guys tend to tell me nowadays...

So i proceed to state that a couple of things has rubbed me wrong way and that date is maybe not a good idea.... he continues to say that I need to lighten up.

Do I need to lighten up?

No, I don't really think that you need to lighten up and him saying that you do is a way to placate and control you. You need to go with whatever is comfortable for you and if that means nixing lunch and Mr. Man all together, than so be it. His commment was completely inappropriate an uncalled for. NEXT!

If you feel uncomfortable don't go on the date. I did care for his comments either. This is a first date with someone you don't know. I guess practicing proper etiquette has gone out the window these days.

Thanks ladies, He has yet to follow-up so I am bout to get more than a banana... shot I am not putting my appetite on hold... LMAO... again thanks...

If the banana comment was a Freudian slip, it's easy to tell where his head is at (or which head controls his behavior....)

When he saw that the banana comment didn't go over well with you, he decided to throw the blame on you by telling you to lighten up.... whatever.... don't lower your standards, esp. for someone has room for improvement on his sense of humor....

If you feel like a free meal, go.... Otherwise, deuces! Peace out!

Back