Low cut to get fresh start?

Miel

:grin: Morning Glories!

My hair is growing now, with proper care. But the problem is that the 3 plus inches PLHCF(prior to LHCF) is severly damaged and dry. I am able to "put band-aids" on the problem areas but nothing making it anywhere close to the hair grown ALHCF.

Will cutting it do more harm than good to my journey? Will I be able to decently style my entire head of hair with a measure of continuity?

Your thoughts please

Hi, Miel... Lots of members seem to do that, myself included. I recently cut a couple inches off my bangs and crown to get rid of heat-damaged ends. My philosophy is that it's better to have healthy, full hair than long, scraggly hair.

I'm no hair expert.........:look:

But, given the slight set back I've recently had. I've decided to cut my hair into a cute bob.:yep:

I've taken a whole new attitude about my set back. Instead of feeling discourage about losing 2 inches worth of hair (:wallbash:).....I now think of it as my own personal challenge to get back my length. I don't give a doggon what it takes...(BT, MTG, Surge, Vitamins....whatever).....I did it before, I can do it again...this hair right here on MY head gon grow!!!:grin:

I'm a proponent of cutting out damage ends. What I do is that I gradually trim off the bad ends instead of trimming everything at once. That makes me feel better :ohwell:

Thanks ladies.

I've decided to go to a stylist to get a better diagnosis of my hair's conditon. I just hope they are not scissor happy and just tell me it too damaged to save just because they want to cut it.

I believe in cutting as you grow. Who knows..you just might end up saving some of those ends with proper care. I mean eventually you will have to snip them off but atleast they would have had a few good last couple of months here on earth:ohwell::grin:

I was kind of in the same situation as you. I decided to flat iron my hair earlier this year in May. And to my surprise I had reached full shoulder length. :sad: But I had to cut off my ends because they were, thin, broken, and see through. I neglected my hair for a period of time last year. And it was hard because my hair hadn't been that long in years. :blush: So I decided to suck it up and cut it off.(My siggy) My hair looked and felt much more healthy. I wouldn't of been able to cut my hair off little by little because my split ends would have bothered me. However, it did bother me that I cut that much hair off when I would have my wash days.:wallbash: But fast forward to September and now my hair is at full shoulder length once again :rolleyes:and my ends are healthy this time. The lesson I learned that I cannot neglect my hair because thats what got my hair to that point in the first place. I never want to have to trim my hair that much again so now I'm practicing consistency. So I say you should go ahead and do it and don't think about how short your hair will be but think about how healthy it will be when you get back to the length you are at the second time around and beyond. :superbanana:

I was just talking about this with my hair buddy the other day. I was telling her how I think I am going to cut my hair all even before I get heavy in the growth. I just think I'd rather do at it the beginning rather than wait and then want to hold on to the growth ragged or not. Besides my hair is so uneven if I don't it will be a pure mess. Besides why waste all my products on something that I am going to have to get rid of eventually anyway :grin:. Healthy is the key and if I have to go major short to achieve it so be it. Rather lose it when I am barely ear length. Just my opinion though I am no expert by fair

Back