Love that Tail conditioner (for horses)

:clap: More goodies!! More is good! Hope you like it! Please give us some follow up on it after you used it a few times! ;)

LaNecia said:
:clap: More goodies!! More is good! Hope you like it! Please give us some follow up on it after you used it a few times! ;)

Oh Snaps! LaNecia is a PUSHA!!!!!!:sekret: :assimilat

Supposed to be a sekret!! :sekret:

I'm not really a Pusha per se, I'm just being supportive! :eyebrows2

LaNecia said:
:eyebrows2

What on EARTH? Bahahahahahahaha *SNORT* That smiley is hilarious!

Thanks, again, Push--I mean LaNecia. I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as it arrives. I'll tell you what though. the newgrowth ain't no joke from the MTG. Man. I love horsie products! Neeiiggghhhh! *looking around*

CurlyCrly said:
See? This is something I've feared happening to me. You handled it well. Those are the answers I would have given. :lachen: :lachen:

I went to PetCo yesterday, thinking that's where the PETsMART was. I went in and they had no horse products at all. I talked to one of the salespeople and she suggested that I fill out one of those customer questionnaires, so that they can get some products for my horse. She said others have come in asking too. :) So, I drive a little further and go to a PETsMART and they had very little horse products. No conditioners at all...so, I left empty-handed. I am on my way to a horse ranch now to see if they have something there.

I think the Love That Tail horse conditioner might make a good leave-in for the Curly Custard.

Depends on what area you're in. I live in a pretty rural area, and half the Petsmart store is dedicated to horses.

I found the Love That Tail conditioner at another PetSmart, but did not buy it because it has mineral oil in it. I wanted to use it as a leave-in and prefer not to use one that contains mineral oil.

Which of you ladies has used this product the longest? Are you sure it's safe for us? Do you have pictures? Remind me again--how long are you supposed to use a product before you know if it's adversely affecting your hair?

I'm really, REALLY curious about this cond. & the Mega-tek(?). I have the MTG but after I read the post on Nappturality, I haven't used it since. That post scared me when Dee made reference to the difference between "hides" and "skin.

If you've used these products longer than 6mos. I'd like to hear from you.

Hey Bee, that's not fair, you didn't give specific reference to what was mentioned over there so now I GOTTA go research! :)

I read the thread in question onNappturality.
I had this really long speech planned but I've given it much thought have decided to answer only the issues you address and leave the he said/she said stuff to someone else.

As far as the Mega-Tek goes, I've been using that for only three months but I'm very happy with it. It is a cross over product, marketed both for humans AND animals and because of this, I believe it to be 'safe' for use.

IRT Shapley's MTG, I've not used that as long but have no ill side effects from it's use thus far. However, that is not to say that some won't crop up in the future, or that they will for that matter.

In contacting the company directly, Shapley's, they've said that it is safe for human use, though it is not MARKETED as such. So basically, you roll the dice when using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Lanecia, I see your point. My only concern is that most of the products I use in my hair, are used on my daughters' hair as well. I never use a product w/o testing in myself FIRST. I just wanted to know if there had been any long term users of the cond. and the Mega-tek before I used it.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Lanecia:wave: I just ordered the mega-tek last night but I wanted to know if you have to wash it out due to the fact that it is a conditioner? How often do you use it on your hair?

Dang it Classy! :lol: You're too quick!

You don't HAVE to wash it out, it can be used as a leave in. I CO wash my hair every two to three days, I use it when I do, so about 3 times a week. I sometimes leave a small amount in (quarter size amount). I am NOT sure how it works in the hair if you wear it down (flat ironed, curled). I usually wear mine up and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

bee said:
OK, Lanecia, I see your point. My only concern is that most of the products I use in my hair, are used on my daughters' hair as well. I never use a product w/o testing in myself FIRST. I just wanted to know if there had been any long term users of the cond. and the Mega-tek before I used it.

I understand your concerns!! I've done numerous searches for ingredients or the MSDS on the Shapley's and it can't be found but according to our beloved FDA, if it is not marketed for human use, they, the company, does not have to disclose this information.

FDA said:
U. S. Food and Drug Administration
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Office of Cosmetics and Colors Fact Sheet
February 3, 1995; revised February 24, 2000

ANIMAL GROOMING AIDS
FDA is aware of various products that have made their way into the cosmetic market that were originally developed for use on horses and other animals. While many may believe "if it's good for a horse, then it should be good for me," consumers should be aware that FDA does not impose any rules on cosmetic products intended for use on animals. For example, companies that intend to have their product used only on animals are not required to list ingredients on the label. However, if products intended for use on animals are also intended for human use, they must comply with FDA regulatory requirements for cosmetics.

FDA has issued a warning letter about product labeling to one company that has marketed horse grooming products to humans. The Agency is continuing its investigation into this type of product.

I'd say if you have concerns, don't use it on your daughter for sure! I take photos and keep a journal of what I use so I know when I've introduced something new. If a problem arises, I can trace it back to where it started (if it is a sudden change in how my hair/scalp) behaves.

Hmmm.... LaNecia, what exactly is the Mega Tek for? I get the feeling the Avocado Mist is like a more moisturizing, lighter protein Surge, CMIIW. Then what would be the most effective way of using the Mega Tek? Could you list or direct me to the ingredients if it weren't too much trouble, Pusha',errr, I meant Girly....

metalkitty said:
Hmmm.... LaNecia, what exactly is the Mega Tek for? I get the feeling the Avocado Mist is like a more moisturizing, lighter protein Surge, CMIIW. Then what would be the most effective way of using the Mega Tek? Could you list or direct me to the ingredients if it weren't too much trouble, Pusha',errr, I meant Girly....
:lachen: :lol: :lachen:

Pusha? Moi? :grin: :wasntme: I'm just an excited user! :bouncy:

metalkitty said:
Could you list or direct me to the ingredients if it weren't too much trouble, Pusha',errr, I meant Girly....

Ingredients of the Mega-Tek Rebuilder: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopoly-saccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance.

As you can see from the ingredients, protein is ingredient #2

metalkitty said:
Hmmm.... LaNecia, what exactly is the Mega Tek for? I get the feeling the Avocado Mist is like a more moisturizing, lighter protein Surge, CMIIW. Then what would be the most effective way of using the Mega Tek?

The Mega-Tek is a protein conditioning treatment, primarily. It has done a wonderful job of thickening and strengthening my hair so there is virtually NO breakage and shedding.

It's really an individual decision on what's the most effective way for YOU to use it. Some ladies here have had problems with using a lot of protein so you need to take that into account. However, what I do is this: Two or three times a week, after my CW, I will apply the Mega-Tek while I finish my shower, rinse and for a leave-in, I use the Avocado Mist AND Mega-Tek together. (I have them combined in a spray bottle which I use to a apply to my wet hair). I have had good success using it as a leave in also by itself (w/out the Avocado Mist but I really like them together).

HTH!! (Feels like I just did an infomercial). :)

CurlyCrly...you KNOW you are mah gurl right? But....you need to STOP instigatin'!! :lol:

Ok now!!!! Eqyss Mega-Tek equine rebuilder is the IIIIISH!!!!!!!:love: I finally got my package today after going through hell with Petsmart and UPS. Can I say I HATE UPS!!:mad: :angry2:First of all Petsmart messed up my shipping address with the wrong city and zipcode.:look: :hammer:Secondly, I requested that my package to be sent via USPS priority and Petsmart sent it UPS instead:spank: . So I had to change my entire shipping address to my work address so that I could be able to get my package due to the fact that the driver will not leave my package unless I am there to personally sign for it. Anyway, after making a correction to my delivery address with UPS my package was all the way in Long Island city the next day instead of it being delivered to the updated address. I almost went nuts:mad:. I have had it with UPS:arguing: :fishslap:. But I guess receiving my Mega-tek rebuilder made up for all that frustration and aggravation:grin: . I have 2 1/2 months new growth and it stopped my hair breakage immediately:shocked: and it made my hair so soft, curly, shiny and very well moisturized. I highly recommend it:up:.

I forgot to mention how good this stuff smells. It has a very light sweet coconut smell that reminds me of Nexxus Humectress. I love it and I am so excited.:yay:

Awww shucks!! I can't take credit though, I just had a thought and given one recommendation I followed up:
Adrienne0914 said:
Re: What\'s your favorite protein conditioner?

I like both Aubrey GPB and Eqyss Mega-Tek... but for the money, GPB gets my vote! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

I had to consider the conditioner of HER hair...can you say SOLD?! :lol:

I'm sorry you had all that drama to go through to get it but I'm glad you found it worth the effort. We'll have to find a better way of getting it to you in the future ****does the Pusha start buying the Mega-Tek by the case too?*** :look:

Actually, it IS cheaper by the gallon if you don't mind dropping $140 (but if you measure out individual 16 oz containers at $24.99 a piece, you save about $50.00 and the shipping is free!) :look:

ANYWHO!!! Keep us posted Classy on how you like it and choose to use it. This is probably my most favoritest product in my whole cabinet.

LaNecia said:
Awww shucks!! I can't take credit though, I just had a thought and given one recommendation I followed up:

I had to consider the conditioner of HER hair...can you say SOLD?! :lol:

I'm sorry you had all that drama to go through to get it but I'm glad you found it worth the effort. We'll have to find a better way of getting it to you in the future ****does the Pusha start buying the Mega-Tek by the case too?*** :look:

Actually, it IS cheaper by the gallon if you don't mind dropping $140 (but if you measure out individual 16 oz containers at $24.99 a piece, you save about $50.00 and the shipping is free!) :look:

ANYWHO!!! Keep us posted Classy on how you like it and choose to use it. This is probably my most favoritest product in my whole cabinet.

Well you are the one that I first heard talking about it so I have to give you most of the credit along with Adrienne. She sure does have some fabulous hair. I would have been sold myself
:grin:

You know everytime I am suppose to receive a package via UPS I have to go through the same hassle just to get one package so now I refuse to purchase any product from a company that offers UPS only as their shipping option. :nono:

Buying the mega- tek by the case sounds like great plan to me. Anything other than using UPS would be greatly appreciated. :look:

I plan on using the Mega-tek on my new growth and ends while I plait my hair up after it has been airdried. Mega-tek and world of curls are going to be the best hair products that will help me to stretch out my texturizer to 6 months :yep: :woot: I think the mega-tek is also going to replace my Mane and Tail conditioner that I currently use as my protein conditioner.

Heyyyyy how come no one told me this Mega Tek conditioner smelled like coconuts?? Ooh-la-la. *grin* Me LIKEY!

bunny101 said:
quote: I bought this conditioner: "love that Tail", from petsmart today. I also bought Eqyss mega-tek equine rebuilder coat and Cowboy magic detanger and shine.
When I went to the counter, the cashier was black. So I placed these three items on the counter. The cashier asked me "So you are getting ready to wash your horse"? I said yes. :grin:

She then asked me, "So, how many horses do you have"? I said, "one". :lol:

She said, "do they try to kick you or bite you"? I said, "No". :lachen:

Then I grabbed my stuff and receipt and flew out to the store.

I see why you guys buy online. I felt embarrassed to say I did not have a horse, but just horse hair. I will post the results after a week of use.

Well, it has been a little over a week. I love the conditioner but I love the Eqyss mega-tek rebuilder coat more. This stuff makes my hair so thick and soft. I put it on my scalp and hair after washing. I dry under a hood dryer in a wrap. When I combed my hair, I did not have as much breakage. The Cowboy magic is awesome. It makes my hair so slick and shiny when I wear my hair in a bun. The "love that tail shampoo and conditioner" are great too. I will be continuing to buy these product. I think I finally found something that will continue to make my hair happy. I am an undercover pj, so this should help me save money for awhile at least.

i guess i'll have to try these products, along with the mtg. all i'm looking for is an inch per month, that would be great.

:confused: im new 2 this site- jus wondering if i could but this from England- or off the internet with low p&p???
does it help with growth??
thanks
:D

I just ordered this today.
Yes, I'm ready to try another horse product.

I was using Paul MItchell instant daily moisture but the cones are building up and annoying me. So, when the bottle's gone soon, I'm done.

I'm hoping to find the moisturizing conditioner of my dreams with Love that Tail!

I ordered the Love That Tail conditioner and the shimmer and shine. Here are the descriptions.
lovetailconditioner-L.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]HELPS PROMOTE LONGER & HEALTHIER TAILS ESCAPE THE ORDINARY: with "Love That Tail Leave-in Conditioner". Achieving a long, flowing, extraordinary tail should not be kept a secret. It is indeed the result of keeping tail hairs moist and supple, decreasing their amount of breakage. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Love That Tail Leave-in Conditioner was developed specifically to keep moisture in tails, manes, forelocks and all over body hair helping prevent tails from becoming dry and brittle and working to correct and protect your horse's hair from the damaging effects of the environment and over-handling. Delightful fragrance of Mango Oil, plus aloe vera, yucca, cactus, cucumber, apricot oil, vitamin E & A 32 OUNCE BOTTLES[/SIZE][/FONT]
$9.99

and

lovetailshine-L.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Quantity: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Love That Tail Shimmer N Shine, was designed specifically to use on wet or dry hair. This SUPER SHINE and detangling formula will instantly condition, moisturize & detangle your horses' manes, tails, forelocks, plus leaves a brilliant shine for days. In addition to cutting grooming time in half! [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Love That Tail Shimmer N Shine is concentrated, so you only need a few drops for that BEDAZZLING SHOW RING APPEARANCE! When you want that SHOW RING APPEARANCE, just apply SHIMMER N SHINE! Repels arena dust & dirt, plus keeps MANES, TAILS, & FORELOCKS silky-smooth & shinning for DAYS! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]CONTAINS: aloe vera, vitamin E & A and the luscious fragrance of vanilla plum extract,& orange oil. Plus other natural ingredients. 4oz. OUNCE BOTTLES[/SIZE][/FONT]

Does anyone use/love this ? I couldn't find much about it on the board. But I learned about this on another hair site.

I have high hopes for this product and hope I'm not disappointed. !

Should be here by the weekend and I'll give my review. :)

I just wanted to state the obvious here....in reading the website, it does not say anything re: promoting or stimulating growth, only "keep
moisture in tails, manes, forelocks and all over body hair helping
prevent tails from becoming dry and brittle and working to correct and protect your horse's hair from the damaging effects of the environment and over-handling".

With that in mind, be careful of your growth expectations w/this product, it doesn't seem to do anything to enhance growth but rather help you keep what you have! (not that is a bad thing!) :)

Good point

Back