Love hate relationship with Hair/frustrated

NubianAngel

*sigh*

I just washed and detangled my hair for the first time since my trim. I'm rather frustrated but I haven't completely lost all hope. Here's why.

I love that:

My hair took less than a half hour to detangle for the first time ever.

I lost 60-70% less hair during my detangling. All this time, I thought that I was just a heavy shedder. Apparently, damaged ends makes me shed more, while I experience no breakage
confused.gif
Strange, yet good to know.

Healthier ends = healthier hair

I hate that
mad.gif
:

The shortest layers of my hair are no longer shoulder length
mad.gif

My nephew said that my hair is mad short now
mad.gif

Most of all, I am upset because I have been trying to grow a head full of natural hair for years now. I kept giving up and going back to chemicals/neglect, resulting in damage and lost length, but I feel that as much as my routine has improved I should be further along by now
ohwell.gif

I swear, now that I have fresh ends, a better diet and finally have the right products and techniques, i'd better see some results by the end of this year
frown.gif

Hang in there. When I first went natural, I was VERY frustrated; it was the first time in my life my hair was far from shoulder length and I didnt know how to work with it at all; but I got the hang of it, I just had to learn my hair and now I'm pretty happy with how its coming along. If you've perfected your regimen, the results will follow . ((hugs))

I'm sure you'll see results now that you have everything down the way you're suppose to. Just make sure you stick with it--no exceptions. Keep us posted on how everything is going. I've had love/hate days with my hair too.

Back