Lotsa breakage....help!

Wishin4BSL

I DC'ed last night and my new growth caused me LOTS of breakage. I combed it under the water and that didn't help. I have 3/4 inches of new growth at 5 weeks post and I don't know what to do! Should I stop combing it until my relaxer? Is there nothing I can do about this breakage? HELP!!! TIA!

Are you adding a really good creamy moisturizer after your deep conditoning treatment?? Especially if it is a protein-type treatment you may need to be increasing the moisturizer to counteract the hardening effects of a protein deep con. HTH!:)

Are you combing from the ends up, while using a seamless comb, or shower comb? Also does it have the white bulb at the end? if so that's shedding if not it's breakage, I ask because alot of us have been having or had some serious shedding lately.

Some of it is shedding, but I believe that most is breakage. Catina, could you recommend a good creamy conditioner? If I use Keracare, could I use the Keracare in the bottle? I can't afford the tub! Any conditioners other than that one? Thanks!

Wishin4BSL said:
Some of it is shedding, but I believe that most is breakage. Catina, could you recommend a good creamy conditioner? If I use Keracare, could I use the Keracare in the bottle? I can't afford the tub! Any conditioners other than that one? Thanks!

A good creamy conditioner, I like Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol, its 20oz for 3.99 at Sally's.
A good creamy moisturizer, I like Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy cream or UBH lotion moisturizer. HTH!

Catina72 said:
A good creamy conditioner, I like Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol, its 20oz for 3.99 at Sally's.
A good creamy moisturizer, I like Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy cream or UBH lotion moisturizer. HTH!

ITA about the UBH cream moisturizer. I can put this on my new growth and it really makes my hair soft and easier to comb through.

I'm natural, but I remeber whenI was trasitioning I used one condiner at my roots(new growth) and a different one for my ends. SOunds crazy but it worked.
I would try Aussie 3-minute Miracle followed by Roux Porosity Control. Yo get amazing slip and very soft moisturized hair. i always leave in Aussie.

Thanks so much ladies! All of this was very helpful. I will probably get the silk elements mega cholesterol for a conditioner and see about a moisturizer from there.

Wishin4BSL said:
Thanks so much ladies! All of this was very helpful. I will probably get the silk elements mega cholesterol for a conditioner and see about a moisturizer from there.

Let me know how that works out for you, I get lots of slip with this one!!:lol:

Back