Lots of questions, need lots of help!

Amarech

OK my wonderful LHCF ladies, I need some help!!!!!

So far I am reaching my growth goals and my hair is in the best condition ever.

I still have a few issues to work through and I just don't know what to do at this point. First off, I have a lot of hair. And it seems to be very dry. Is fine and soft but really really dry. It can't be the perm because even when I was natural my hair was like that.
I like super straight, shiny hair but I can't seem to get that look with out using oil. I like to use the oil (Almond) because it gives my hair weight and movement and it's not too greasy. But someone made a comment to me the other day about my hair having oil on it.

Is there something I can do to give it shine, movement and weight without using oil? Is it possible to have very dry hair and scalp? My mom perms ( with the same perm I use---Vitale) and she uses NO oil and her hair looks shiny and moves.

Maybe its the leave in that I'm using or maybe its the way I dry and straighten my hair.

Help!:eek:

Last edited:
When you have product residue and build-up on your hair, it is often difficult to achieve shiney, bouncy hair. Some people use first lather shampoos (made specifically for clarifying) and other use ACV rinses (they do the same thing and are cheaper. You basically add some Apple cider vinegar to a pitcher of water and pour it over your hair).

Taij said:
OK my wonderful LHCF ladies, I need some help!!!!!

So far I am reaching my growth goals and my hair is in the best condition ever.

I still have a few issues to work through and I just don't know what to do at this point. First off, I have a lot of hair. And it seems to be very dry. Is fine and soft but really really dry. It can't be the perm because even when I was natural my hair was like that.
I like super straight, shiny hair but I can't seem to get that look with out using oil. I like to use the oil (Almond) because it gives my hair weight and movement and it's not too greasy. But someone made a comment to me the other day about my hair having oil on it.

Is there something I can do to give it shine, movement and weight without using oil? Is it possible to have very dry hair and scalp? My mom perms ( with the same perm I use---Vitale) and she uses NO oil and her hair looks shiny and moves.

Maybe its the leave in that I'm using or maybe its the way I dry and straighten my hair.

Help!:eek:

I think Henna might be the answer.... I know what you mean about adding weight and shine. Sebastian Cellophaines used to do it for me too. I used to us Burgandy back in the day, I was a welches grape head. They have a whole lot of different colors now. They both coat the hair shaft, add shine, body and weight.

Taij said:
Ummm....clarify? I don't:blush: You think that might be the problem? Whats the best way to clarify?

find urself a good clarifyin poo :) i think there was also mention of adding baking soda to the poo u currently use.

Well I might try all those things the next time I wash. I've heard of ACV rinses. HOw do you do them? As for the sebastian thing, I actually just put a color in my hair and I love it! Its natural black, and I think I will go even darker next touch up (if I can) the good thing is that my hair does not feel significantly dryer now that I put the color in. I used Natural Instincts and the product claims to make hair shinier. Maybe that's why it looks the way it does.

Back