Lotion and Cream Moisturizers

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
When I started out on my hair care journey my hair was very dry. My mom used to say it just "eats up" grease. :look:

Anyhow, since I've been learning and living the Hair Care Way (and yes it is a way of life for us! :lol: ) I've been consistent in keeping my hair moist.

I've noticed lately that I haven't had much use for lotion or creme moisturizers on my length. Maybe for targetng and maintaining newgrowth but basically results from my Pre-poos, my moisturizing poos and conds and THEN my moisturizing leave-ins, my hair is constantly moist and soft. I mean, after it dries, I just haven't had to use any of the regular moisturizers! I may use a little EVOO or other oil for shine and mango butter for smoothing, but not because my hair is dry...

Maybe I'm having one of those hair moments where all is well right now and my hair is being obedient and behaving like it should. :look: OR this could be the quiet before the storm of some major hair disaster???(gosh I hope not! :eek: ) I don't want to be depriving my hair of added moisture.

Has anyone experienced this, moving away from regular moisturizers?

~op~

I have moved away from cream lotion and moisturizers because most of them have water as the main indregient and my hair doesn't like it.

Since I have followed you and make my own moisturizing leave-in and started using oil on my ends, I am seeing a great improvement.

I Havent Moved Away From Lotions And Moisturizers. Im A Big Fan Of The Pantene Pro-v ( For Relaxed And Natural Ladies) Because It Is A Good Detangler And Makes My Hair Soooo Soft.

ALICIALYNN said:
I Havent Moved Away From Lotions And Moisturizers. Im A Big Fan Of The Pantene Pro-v ( For Relaxed And Natural Ladies) Because It Is A Good Detangler And Makes My Hair Soooo Soft.

Co-signing Pantene for Relaxed hair. My hair just loves it. My hair does better with creamy moisturizers.

onepraying said:
I've noticed lately that I haven't had much use for lotion or creme moisturizers on my length.

Same here! I have ElastaQP Recovery and Pantene R&N lotion moisturizers. I ran out of S-Curl which I used for putting my hair into a bun. Anyway, I haven't used these moisturizers for a while. I would used them when I airdried my hair loose or in a ponytail or bun. Now that I do airdried rollersets, I don't see the need for lotion moisturizers. Salerm21 and oils leave my hair moisturized and shiny enough. I too have been focusing on my new growth. All I use now is oils: WGO for my scalp/roots and sometimes the rest of my hair every other day, and Motions Salon Herbals oil sheen spray for my hair and ends everyday. This has been working better for me than when I used those moisturizers for some reason. Sometimes the moisturizers would leave my hair heavy/stringy looking with no style.

Back