Lost some of my edges....now what?

FtrDrO

HELP!!! Lost some of my edges....now what???

OK so I took out my cornrows and lost some of my edges :wallbash: I was supposed to get my hair braided this weekend but i'm not too sure that I should do that anymore:sad:. What do you guys think? Can I still do them and use MN or get Megatek or something while in them? Or should I wait for a little and do something like straw curls for now and use these growth aids.

http://hotimg18.fotki.com/p/a/76_117...20080924_1.jpg
http://hotimg3.fotki.com/p/b/76_117/...20080924_2.jpg
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/76_117...t_20080924.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, they were tight. I told her to loosen them up but clearly she didn't. I tried minimize the tension by rubbing the temples, washing my hair, and trying to loosen some from the grip. But I guess that didn't work so well since my hair is gone. sigh....I kept them in for almost 3 weeks, deep conditioning every week. I've gotten cornrows tons of times but never with this much breakage.

I would ixnay on the braids and do something gentle to the hair for a month or two. Definitely start massaging the area and apply oils/growth aids, etc. I'm sorry that this happened to you.

If she didn't listen to you the first time about them being tight, I would trust her again. I say go with a straw set until your edges grow in and use your growth aids.

I don't know what straw braids are, but you could do box braids if you want, and wear your hair down to alleviate any pressure from your edges.

Please don't go back to that woman again, braids don't have to be that tight to make them look good; but they do that to make them last. But many braiders don't consider the loss edges; in fact, most of them just don't care.

I think it'll be best for you to wear a style that will not have pressure on your edges. Sorry, you went through this. Hopefully, you won't have that woman touch your head again. :nono:

Don't get it rebraided if you do, leave out your edges. Do low tension styles for a while. Do massage and use growth aids. Good luck.

I was thinking the edges didn't look that bad... shoot... mine must be really thin... lol..

OCT to the rescue... and come on and join the "grow your edges" in challenge. I'm sure we'll be discussing what works versus doesn't.

I was thinking the edges didn't look that bad... shoot... mine must be really thin... lol..

OCT to the rescue... and come on and join the "grow your edges" in challenge. I'm sure we'll be discussing what works versus doesn't.
Ummm, i've wanted to say this for a while.........

"Hi and who is you???" :blush: :lachen: J/k. I just weird whenever I see you post :)

Thanks everyone!! I guess it might not be so bad, but its worse than they were before. I don't think the picture shows it well. Even my friend asked me about what happened:ohwell: And although not all of the parts are that bad, they are much thinner and the line of demarcation can be seen between the thicker edges and thinner. I'll get some straw curls for now and join you guys in the challenge!!!

Back