Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Review (you Kerastase snobs get in here!!!)

Nonpareil

Okay, so I gave the Smooth-Intense (SI) an official try - used the whole line. I can truly say that it is comparable to the Kerastase Oleo-Relax line - ingredients are practically the same, packaging is the same, just a different choice of oil. I think you Kerastase snobs are paying too much, but if it feels good, do it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just know, I along with the suits at Loreal are laughing at you.

I used the shampoo, the conditioner and masque together, the anti-frizz cream as a leave in, and the serum.

The shampoo was suprisingly non-stripping, and I could really see the anti-frizz stuff going to work - my curl was looser, although I know it's a temporary effect - I've been down this road before. Both the Kerastase and the Vive have Sodium Hydroxide but not enough to damage or alter.

The masque and conditioner were pretty good at detangling, and upon rinsing, it was like having a temporary relaxer (I have pics in my album of the conditioner doing its job).

I applied the anti-frizz cream and then rollerset my hair. While rollersetting, I applied the serum to the end of each section.

My hair dried silky smooth and shiny, very light and bouncy. I did flat iron with a little Ultra Sheen Creme Press, but I can attribute the overall result to the SI. I am now sporting a super-shiny, silky, bouncy, relaxed-looking pincurl 'do this week. My boyfriend thought that I had taken the plunge and relaxed.

Kerastase snob checking in! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif The Nature's Therapy addicts over at makeupalley try to say the same thing. Oh, it's the same, just more expensive. Uh, no, it isn't the same. But if it works for you, don't worry about what other people are paying.

Yeah, I've got the Nature's Therapy too (the Heat Contol and Unfrizz Taming Creme), but I haven't given them "official" tries yet. I have some Kerastase Oleo-Relax spray stuff here that is just going to waste - I ordered the serum b4 I found Vive, but they sent me the wrong product. I am so mad at myself for even going there because it was $20ish.

I'm no product loyalist, I bounce from thing to another - a terminal PJ, so I look for cheap stuff.

Sorry y'all!!! /images/graemlins/angeldevil.gif

Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo-Relax, Smoothing Shampoo

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamide MIPA, Trimethylsilyamodimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Salicylate, Benzophenone-4, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

L'Oreal VIVE Shampoo, Smooth-Intense

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco Betaine, Laureth 5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamide MIPA, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Fragrance, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Yellow 5, Red 4, BHT

Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax, Smoothing Mask

Aqua/Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

L'Oreal VIVE Anti-Frizz Masque, Smooth-Intense

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth 12, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, BHT, Fragrance

searching for the serum ingredients...

Nutri-liss and the Lait Nutri-Sculpt Smoothing Foundation have the same ingredients as Nature's Therapy, and NT has the same ingredients as Garnier Smoothing Milk. Loreal is playin' us.

Loreal is definitely playing their consumers. I am IN LOVE /images/graemlins/love.gif with the Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz cream. I was thinking about getting the Garnier Smoothing Milk to compare since the Garnier line is cheaper than the Loreal Vive line.

Virtuasis, your rollerset turned out awesome and I am still so in love with your haircolor.

Virtuasis, I must either be in outer space or just late, but what the heck is going on in your avatar? Is that B getting hit in the head?

Sorry y'all!!! /images/graemlins/angeldevil.gif

Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo-Relax, Smoothing Shampoo

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamide MIPA, Trimethylsilyamodimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Salicylate, Benzophenone-4, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

L'Oreal VIVE Shampoo, Smooth-Intense

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco Betaine, Laureth 5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamide MIPA, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Fragrance, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Yellow 5, Red 4, BHT

Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax, Smoothing Mask

Aqua/Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

L'Oreal VIVE Anti-Frizz Masque, Smooth-Intense

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth 12, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, BHT, Fragrance

searching for the serum ingredients...

Wow, those ingredients are ridiculously similar. Wow.

this thread is really old, not sure if these products are even around anymore; they might just be called something different...

how odd that this thread got bumped i went on an unsuccessful search for some of the smooth intense products today. they repackaged the loreal smooth intense for women of color now its just smooth intense for thick hair, it has the exact same ingredients and everything. ill probably breakdown and buy some off of drugstore.com if i cant find it at cvs.

I found this thread and bumped while google searching for Kerastase reviews. I want to research and find reviews on Loreal mass market products before I invest my $$$$ on Kerastase. Many say they are the same. I may have to buy a few products from both lines and do a comparison.

I found this thread and bumped while google searching for Kerastase reviews. I want to research and find reviews on Loreal mass market products before I invest my $$$$ on Kerastase. Many say they are the same. I may have to buy a few products from both lines and do a comparison.

loreal owns matrix, mizani, soft-sheen carson, kerastase, redken, loreal studio, loreal vive, garnier, kiehl's, pureology, loreal professional, nature's therapy and the body shop. many of their formulas overlap between the different brands. for example the mizani sensitive scalp relaxer and the optimum anti-breakage relaxer have the same ingredients listed in the same order. if their is a kerastase product that you like, try to find the "matching" formula in one of their mid-range lines (matrix, redken, etc..)

here's another example from one of my previous posts about loreal formulas.

Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense Intense Enriching Treatment
price: $44.99 for 5.1 oz

ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 10, Helianthus Annuus (Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil), Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Parfum (Fragrance)

Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner
price: $19.00 for 6.8 oz

ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Olea Europea/olive fruit oil, persia gratissima/Avacado Oil, Tricedith-6, 2-oleamido-1.3 octadecancdiol, lanolin, citrus limonum/ lemon peel oil, cetyl esters, methylparaben, chlorchexidine dihydrochloride, cetrimonium chloride, dimethyl tin dinecodecyl ester, parfum/fragrance

REDKEN 5th Avenue NYC Smooth Down Butter Treat Smoothing Treatment for Dry & Unruly Hair
price: $14.75 for 8.5 oz

ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance/Parfum, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chlordie, Trideceth-12, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CL 77891, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Iron Oxides/CL 77491, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil/Macadamia Ternifolia, Candelilla Wax/Candelilla Cera, Phenozyethanol, Ethylparaben (D4914/1).

Sleek.look by Matrix Smoothing System Conditioner
price: $13.99 for 13.5 oz

ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Shea Butter Fruit, Butyrospermum Parkii, Silk Amino Acids

LOREAL Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme for Very Dry, Chemically Processed Hair
price: $11.75 for 16 oz

ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Sunflower Seed Oil, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Yellow 5.,

LOREAL Natures Therapy Natural Relaxed Intense Moisture Deep Conditioner
price: $7.75 for 4 oz

ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum, Methylparabe, Trideceth-12, Hydroxypropyltrimoium, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geranoil, Linalool, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, cetrimonium Chloride, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citromellool, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Taurine, Limonene

Loreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense Conditioner for Dry, Rebellious Thick Hair
price: $4.99 for 13 oz
ingredients: Aqua Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Glycerin , Amodimethicone , Lanolin , Parfum Fragrance , Cetyl Esters , Methylparaben , Camelina Sativa Camelina Sativa Seed Oil , Cetrimonium Chloride , Trideceth-12 , Hexyl Cinnamal , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Limonene , Benzyl Salicylate , Yellow 10 CI 47005 , Citronellol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Geraniol , Red 4 CI 14700

Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Conditioner for Dry/Frizzy or Rebellious Hair
price: $3.49 for 13 oz

Ingredients: Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Potato Starch Modified , Amodimethicone , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Cetyl Esters , Lauryl PEG , PPG-18 , 18 Methicone , Methylparaben , Trideceth-12 , Camelina Sativa Seed Oil , Citric Acid , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Yellow 10 , Red 4 , BHT

The only reason I really started using Kerastase was because I tried Loreal Vive Pro and all the products made my hair feel bad. The shampoo left it so tangled it took forever to get the knots out. I ran out of the products that I had brought with me. To have more shipped, by the time I paid tax, duty …etc I could’ve purchased salon quality products.

So, I purchased Kerastase and it worked like a charm for me. I have some Kerastase staples in my regimen to this day, but I have other things in my regimen too. My hair always feels its best when I use that line though. But I have to say that Schwarzkopf Gliss line competes well with some of Kerastases conditioners.

This is just my opinion from my experience based on how my hair has responded. Everyone is different!

Back