Loose twists

I did loose before. Not on purpose. I didn't know it was a look people went for. I think it was loose but you be the judge. I'll be back with pics.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I did loose before. Not on purpose. I didn't know it was a look people went for. I think it was loose but you be the judge. I'll be back with pics.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
I didn't either. I had never really heard of doing them that way until that lady from urbanbushbabies, I forget her name. I think we are going to see them a lot more now because of her videos.

I like them on Alicia. I didn't think I would. IDK about twists for looser hair textures though. They sometimes look like spagetti to me. Try it and post pics! I'd love to see how they turn out.

*lurking*
Ever since I saw Cipriana's growth with loose twists I've been trying to figure out how to do them but haven't worked it out yet

manter26 said:
I like them on Alicia. I didn't think I would. IDK about twists for looser hair textures though. They sometimes look like spagetti to me. Try it and post pics! I'd love to see how they turn out.

Alicia did them on blow dried hair so I'm thinking maybe my texture being looser wouldn't matter as much when doing it this way. I dunno, after those disastrous looking wet twists I did a couple weeks ago I'm scared to try. I'm gonna wait for her to do the tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Foxglove said:
*lurking*
Ever since I saw Cipriana's growth with loose twists I've been trying to figure out how to do them but haven't worked it out yet

Alicia is going to do a tutorial soon so that may help.

I have fine hair too and just gave up on having twists, and know loose twist wouldn't stay without banding on the ends. I can't wait to see your twists.

I think I have attempted this technique in the past, but it still didnt turn out right. My hair is also scalpy and too fine for twists/braids.

Pokahontas pookaloo Chameleonchick I finally gave these a try using Alicia's tutorial. My hair isn't as long or as thick as theirs but doing the twists loose gives my hair the illusion of thickness. Not sure how long they'll last but hopefully I get at least a couple of weeks out of it. I'll try cipriana's method of retwisting and finger detangling for the next 6 weeks and I'll wash and dc with them in. Hopefully this plan works out for me
f1504905.jpg

ETA bc of how big the twists are I made sure to do straight parts so it wouldn't look messy

Foxglove said:
Pokahontas pookaloo Chameleonchick I finally gave these a try using Alicia's tutorial. My hair isn't as long or as thick as theirs but doing the twists loose gives my hair the illusion of thickness. Not sure how long they'll last but hopefully I get at least a couple of weeks out of it. I'll try cipriana's method of retwisting and finger detangling for the next 6 weeks and I'll wash and dc with them in. Hopefully this plan works out for me

ETA bc of how big the twists are I made sure to do straight parts so it wouldn't look messy

I like!!! I'm still experimenting but haven't gotten my nerve up to try them as a style. They do look thick and puffy which is what I want!

What kind of hair did you twist on? (blow dried, air-dried, wet, damp). I'm torn on what to do with my hair before I twist.

Foxglove They do look nice and thick. Please do tell us how it turns out.
Thanks!

I like!!! I'm still experimenting but haven't gotten my nerve up to try them as a style. They do look thick and puffy which is what I want!

What kind of hair did you twist on? (blow dried, air-dried, wet, damp). I'm torn on what to do with my hair before I twist.

Thanks! I did it on a 2 day old airdried braidout

Last edited:
@Pokahontas @pookaloo @Chameleonchick I finally gave these a try using Alicia's tutorial. My hair isn't as long or as thick as theirs but doing the twists loose gives my hair the illusion of thickness. Not sure how long they'll last but hopefully I get at least a couple of weeks out of it. I'll try cipriana's method of retwisting and finger detangling for the next 6 weeks and I'll wash and dc with them in. Hopefully this plan works out for me
f1504905.jpg

Doing this TODAY. I'll post pics. I like this. I have fine hair and I need the illusion of thick hair.

Foxglove I did them

The last pic is how my twists look regularly. Does anyone see a difference between the 2?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2064965184.jpg
    image-2064965184.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3700834475.jpg
    image-3700834475.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image-3389088545.jpg
    image-3389088545.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 124
^^i think the loose ones look fuller/puffier. They look really good. I still don't know if I can pull this off. I'm scared lol.

pookaloo NappyNelleI like! So far I've noticed they were a lot faster to put in but they get old looking fast. I guess bc the twists aren't tight they get fuzzy a lot faster. I don't know how cipriana and alicia are able to leave theirs in for weeks without redoing them but I guess that's something I'll have to work on
I'm pretty happy with them, this being my first attempt

Foxglove said:
pookaloo NappyNelleI like! So far I've noticed they were a lot faster to put in but they get old looking fast. I guess bc the twists aren't tight they get fuzzy a lot faster. I don't know how cipriana and alicia are able to leave theirs in for weeks without redoing them but I guess that's something I'll have to work on
I'm pretty happy with them, this being my first attempt

Yes! I was done in like 35 minutes. I think when they start Looking old I'll redo them one at a time. Whichever one looks the ugliest. :lol:

Pokahontas said:
^^i think the loose ones look fuller/puffier. They look really good. I still don't know if I can pull this off. I'm scared lol.

Yes. It looks so much fuller. I like the fullness it gives.

I did my first set of loose twist this weekend and I like them a lot :yep:. I usually do mini twist which takes me 2 days to do, but the loose twist only took me 5 hrs to do. I have fine/medium strands and usually my twist look scaply but not with these twist. My bun looks fuller and the older the twist get, the more I like them :grin:.

Attachments

• loosetwist.jpg
    loosetwist.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20120905-00892 (1).jpg
    IMG-20120905-00892 (1).jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20120903-00884.jpg
    IMG-20120903-00884.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 73
I loooove twists :drool: I'm really looking forward to being able to wear them out (my shrinkage is too disproportionate at this length for it to look right lol) I twist my hair sometimes when I'm bored and they feel so good and look so nice. I tried the loose twists on half of my head right before I hopped in the shower about a half hour ago and I thought they were really cute :3 maybe I should do a twisted pony for tomorrow? *scratches chin* I pulled the twisted half up with the rest of my hair to see what it would look like up and it was very pretty.

Back