Loose Braidout Photos....

lonei

Hi ladies, I am fed up with rollersetting, I love the end result but its just too time consuming. I'm thinking of doing more braidouts from wet, but they dont last 2 weeks so I would have to start washing once a week which I'm not too keen on. How long do your braidouts last and what is your method (maintenance)? Let me know if you got photos in your album, thanks...

Its in the Feb album

Last edited:
I was just thinking the opposite! Braidouts take too long (5 hours from start to finish) and I want to start doing rollersets because I thought they would be quicker. Sorry, I don't have pics.

caligirl said:
I was just thinking the opposite! Braidouts take too long (5 hours from start to finish) and I want to start doing rollersets because I thought they would be quicker. Sorry, I don't have pics.

NO WAY!!! How many braids are you doing? How small are they? Braids take me like 10-20 mins!!! Rollersets on the other hand take ne 2 hours to put in, need I say more...

lonei said:
NO WAY!!! How many braids are you doing? How small are they? Braids take me like 10-20 mins!!! Rollersets on the other hand take ne 2 hours to put in, need I say more...

I'm including wash time, braiding, sitting under the dryer, etc. I put in 16 braids but my hair is thick and kinky so its a real job.

If you want loose maybe try twistouts. I do braidouts and twist outs every now and then (pics in my album). I only do them for special occasions though. Mine last 2-3 days depending on how hard I'm trying to preserve it.

Mines last all week and I only have to rebraid the first two braids once...but... I do like mine very very very loose. I have pic in fokti and pic in avatar.

lonei said:
Hi ladies, I am fed up with rollersetting, I love the end result but its just too time consuming. I'm thinking of doing more braidouts from wet, but they dont last 2 weeks so I would have to start washing once a week which I'm not too keen on. How long do your braidouts last and what is your method (maintenance)? Let me know if you got photos in your album, thanks...

Its in the Feb album

Wow! Your braidout is beautiful Lonei and that shine is something else!! Very nice! :yep:

As for me,

1. I airdry my hair overnight in a rollerset (I use the rollerset to straighten and smooth since I don't use heat) or I use my ION dryer in the cool setting. I use the largest-sized rollers since I'm not concerned with curl.

2. After removing my rollers and not combing my hair at all, I braid my hair into 4 box braids (don't know how to cornrow yet) and pin up the ends of the braids with Good Hair Days pins, kind of criss-crossed in the lower back of my head. Sometimes I wear my hair this way since I get lots of compliments on this updo and when the weather is cold.

3. If I airdried overnight, I take my braids out after 1 - 2 hours for a loose, swingy braidout.

My braidout doesn't really last that long though, at least I don't think it does and I usually re-braid at night. The second day after re-braiding, my braids are much more defined.

I wash 2 x each week so I haven't tested my braidouts for the long term. I've always wondered though...:scratchch

My braidout pics are in my 2004 and 2005 albums.

Lonei, I can see how Keracare Essential Oils gave your hair that incredible shine and I'm sure lots of body too. Have you saturated your hair with it before?

I ask because when I used to pre-poo with Keracare Essential Oils, it made my hair tangle badly when I rinsed it out. I remember you asking a few times about tangling issues. I love this product but the way I used it made my hair tangle so now I use it in other ways. What has been your experience with it (besides beautiful braidouts)?

Isis said:
Lonei, I can see how Keracare Essential Oils gave your hair that incredible shine and I'm sure lots of body too. Have you saturated your hair with it before?

I ask because when I used to pre-poo with Keracare Essential Oils, it made my hair tangle badly when I rinsed it out. I remember you asking a few times about tangling issues. I love this product but the way I used it made my hair tangle so now I use it in other ways. What has been your experience with it (besides beautiful braidouts)?

I have been using it now for about 3 months, I use it ever 3 days or so on dry hair when my hair is normally rollerset. I have had no probs with it at all, it definately makes my hair soft and shiny. I have never used it to pre poo with so I don't know what it would be like on wet hair (assuming you pre poo on wet hair).

Lonei, gorgeous results! I usually pin up my hair at night or put a real loose ponytail on top on my head to make my braidout or twistout results last longer.

Alli77 said:
Lonei, gorgeous results! I usually pin up my hair at night or put a real loose ponytail on top on my head to make my braidout or twistout results last longer.
How do you pin up your braidouts and twistouts Alli77? I don't think you're talking about pincurls so what other way do you pin it up to preserve those waves?

Isis said:
How do you pin up your braidouts and twistouts Alli77? I don't think you're talking about pincurls so what other way do you pin it up to preserve those waves?

I just gather it all up in a ponytail on top of my head and clip with some duck bill clips, you can do a very loose ponytail on top of your head too, you don't have to use the clips. Another alternative would be to flip your hair over, so from your waist bend forward (90 degrees) while your bent over pull your hair forward and then put on a satin bonnet. THis has worked great for me.

Alli77 said:
I just gather it all up in a ponytail on top of my head and clip with some duck bill clips, you can do a very loose ponytail on top of your head too, you don't have to use the clips. Another alternative would be to flip your hair over, so from your waist bend forward (90 degrees) while your bent over pull your hair forward and then put on a satin bonnet. THis has worked great for me.
Thank you Alli77! I'm going to try your method of flipping my hair over and putting on my bonnet.:)

Back