Looking for ORS Olive Oil Lye Relaxer NoVA/DC/MD area

thesweetone

I want to try the ORS Lye relaxer for my touchup on April 22. Problem is, I only see the No-lye everywhere I look. Anyone seen the lye at any local BSSs in Northern Virginia, DC, or Maryland? Or can I get it online?

Also, if you've used it, did you like it? Do you plan to use it again?

Thanks!

thesweetone

I'm also interested in finding out where this can be purchased in the area. If not in the area then definitely online.

In Columbia, I think the BSS on Snowden River Parkway (next the Burger King) has it. Well, at least I have seen the other pro products from that line.

Also, I think I saw it at at that new BSS in Owen Brown shopping center.

If worse comes to worse I can get it for you from a BSS at East point mall on my lunch break. I work close to that mall and I know for a fact they have it there. I live in Columbia, too, so we could meet and I could get it to you before your touch up.

Thanks Honey Dew!

I'll check the BSS on Snowden and the one in Owen Brown shopping center. If they don't have it there, I'll be asking you to pick it up for me from the mall.

Thanks so much!

I used it for my last touch up (my first self-relax) and LOVED IT! It did not burn, got my hair reasonably straight (except for one patch in the back that I don't think I smoothed out enough), made my hair super duper shiny. I thought I had naturally dull hair until I used this relaxer. Seriously.:lol: I will be finishing the container, and if I get consistant results I will continue to use this relaxer.

Have you tried CVS, Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart? I don't relax my hair but thought I've seen them there. But don't quote me on that lol.

I know of one place in DC that sells it Cambridge BSS on Rhode Island Avenue.

OT: mw138 your Meez and my MEEZ are twins.

i think i saw the walmart in columbia, or it might have been the one in laurel or arundel mills with it. i go to them so often i cant remember which one.

thesweetone said:
Thanks Honey Dew!

I'll check the BSS on Snowden and the one in Owen Brown shopping center. If they don't have it there, I'll be asking you to pick it up for me from the mall.

Thanks so much!

Sure thing! Try the one on Snowden, 1st. Most of their ORS stuff is on the counter, but the Professional stuff, including the Replenishing conditioner in the bottle is on the shelf in the back above the Elasta QP stuff and near the CON stuff. - You can tell I have spent WAY TOO MUCH time in there!!!

prettyinpurple said:
Have you tried CVS, Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart? I don't relax my hair but thought I've seen them there. But don't quote me on that lol.

I don't think they sell the Lye one.

Honey Dew,

I went to the store in Owen Brown shopping ctr yesterday after work and found it there! I bought two tubs. Girl why did I also pick up the neutralizing poo (need that for relaxer), the aphogee intenstive (which I will use for the first time this weekend), an applicator bottle, lottabody setting lotion, and the aphogee 2 min reconstructor. Cheesy Peas! I spent $48!

See, this is why I avoid the BSS! And I'm still on the hunt for the revlon 619 leave-in that everyone has been raving about. And I want to try Loreal's Nature Therapy Mega Moisture, so haircare spending is not done for the week as yet. Sighs....

HoneyDew said:
Sure thing! Try the one on Snowden, 1st. Most of their ORS stuff is on the counter, but the Professional stuff, including the Replenishing conditioner in the bottle is on the shelf in the back above the Elasta QP stuff and near the CON stuff. - You can tell I have spent WAY TOO MUCH time in there!!!

thesweetone said:
Honey Dew,

I went to the store in Owen Brown shopping ctr yesterday after work and found it there! I bought two tubs. Girl why did I also pick up the neutralizing poo (need that for relaxer), the aphogee intenstive (which I will use for the first time this weekend), an applicator bottle, lottabody setting lotion, and the aphogee 2 min reconstructor. Cheesy Peas! I spent $48!

See, this is why I avoid the BSS! And I'm still on the hunt for the revlon 619 leave-in that everyone has been raving about. And I want to try Loreal's Nature Therapy Mega Moisture, so haircare spending is not done for the week as yet. Sighs....

just a heads up the ORS neutralizing poo does not have color alarm so it will not turn pink if relaxer residue is still present in your hair

destiny616 said:
just a heads up the ORS neutralizing poo does not have color alarm so it will not turn pink if relaxer residue is still present in your hair

Thanks for the heads up Destiny. I will return it for something else!

Back