Looking for Frenchee's in MD/DC

thatscuteright

Piggyback off of Mocha thread. I want to start the Glovers thing, and try Frenchees. I searched for it a while back, but could not find it in any of the BSS stores in my area. I prefer not to order from the internet, but I can't seem to find it in the stores. Did anyone have luck with buying it from a store?

Good luck girl...a while back I was looking for Frenchees, and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! The store employees were looking at me like I was crazy. There are a few places you can order it online, though...I just did'nt want to go through all that for some hair grease :ohwell:

Hugs,
Crys

Mochalolita said:
Good luck girl...a while back I was looking for Frenchees, and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! The store employees were looking at me like I was crazy. There are a few places you can order it online, though...I just did'nt want to go through all that for some hair grease :ohwell:

Hugs,
Crys

I know, they all thought I was crazy too. I was searching like crazy going from store to store. I might just have to do the liquid glovers thing mixed with grease.

Dang in Detroit Frenchees is in most of the beauty supplys I had to stop using it b/c everyone could tell when I was coming that grease has a really strong scent WGO has nothing on it but I liked it.

Tamala, I haven't looked for it, but where have you looked in MD? I have a few bss near me so I can check a few. What does it look like?

I have never used it. I bought a jar for an lhcf member and snapped a quick pic to make sure I got the right thing. It comes in smaller jars (4 oz. I think...). They also make a shampoo.

82614549.jpg

KAddy said:
Tamala, I haven't looked for it, but where have you looked in MD? I have a few bss near me so I can check a few. What does it look like?

Hey Kaddy, I have looked in the Largo/Kettering/Bowie/Annapolis area.
I also checked Riverdale,Greenbelt and New Carrolton. I also checked one store in Baltimore

I went to the store today and bought the liquid Glovers, and added it to my Angel Cream ( grease from Ghana) and oh my the scent was too much. It smelled like Hickory smoked BBQ sauce. Thank God it is winter, I don't think I can handle this stuff in the summer. I added some essential oils to tame it down. I would much smell like tea tree oil, and eucaplyts then BBQ sauce.

* On a positive note, I applied a tiny amount in a test area, and the tingling effect was amazing. I am pretty sure this stuff really works, I just have to deal with the smell. I just started classes yesterday and I don't want to torture my classmates.

I will check my area (I am in the white oak area of Silver spring) and there are like 4 I can think to check. They just opened a pretty large bss in teh Briggs Chaney shopping center not too long ago, so they might have it.

OK, I went checking for the Frenchee's stuff and all I saw was a bunch of Glover's stuff. They had the stuff that was pictured here and like 5 other products. There were 2 different types of shampoos and some ointment stuff (kind of like a grease for the scalp). For the MD ladies, it was in the bss in white oak shopping center off new hampshire.

Oh let me say that I only checked this one salon. I didnt get a chance to check the other ones. There is a bss near my job too that i have yet to check, so I will try to go tomorrow. I work in Rockville near Montgomery College.

Last edited:
I've seen it in a bss here in Charlotte. If you want, I'll pick it up for ya. When i saw it, I wanted to get it but it didn't have ingredients listed on it. Plus, I knew I wouldn't use it b/c I heard about the smell.

Ive seen it at the Bss across the the street from howard Is called beauty island.
You can also so try #1 beauty supply store on Gerogia avenue
and GIGI beauty supply in wheaton in aspen hill these two stores have everything.

Tamala said:
Piggyback off of Mocha thread. I want to start the Glovers thing, and try Frenchees. I searched for it a while back, but could not find it in any of the BSS stores in my area. I prefer not to order from the internet, but I can't seem to find it in the stores. Did anyone have luck with buying it from a store?
What about Sulfur 8? I think this is just as good as Glovers. It has the Sulfur to really help stimulate the scalp. :eek:

I found it!
At first I only saw the Frenchee's Tar Shampoo, which was 2.99 and beside the Glover's Mane stuff. Then I went walking around looking for the WGO (which they had behind the counter :ohwell: ) Well, I say the Frenchee's Super Gro (or whatever that name is) and it was 6.49. It is a decent sized jar, but I did notice that it doesn't have ingredients listed on it. :eek: Well just wanted to let you all know where it is if you are in Montgomery County, MD.

Location Information:

Uni Beauty (formerly Jacques Renee) in Briggs Chaney Shopping Center Next to the Chuch E. Cheese's.

Last edited:
KAddy said:
I will check my area (I am in the white oak area of Silver spring) and there are like 4 I can think to check. They just opened a pretty large bss in teh Briggs Chaney shopping center not too long ago, so they might have it.

Yeah, I live in the Briggs Chaney area and Beauty Lane in the Briggs Chaney Shopping Center may have it. It's a huge beauty supply store. Also, Beauty Discount in Laurel Shopping Center may have it.

Back