Looking for a new shampoo...what are you all using lately?

Smiley79

I've been using the Elasta QP Mositurizing Shampoo for a couple years now...no complaints. It works as promised. I want to try a new shampoo though. Something more natural and may even more moisturizing? I'm willing to give one a try Any recommendations?

I'm still using my staple Nexxus Therapee, but I tried Silicone Mix Hydratante poo and loved it so I've been alternating btwn the two lately. Every now and again I use Joico Silk results and Victoria Secret Nourishing poo for scent, plus it doesn't strip my hair but leaves it soft and smooth.

Last edited:
I use Burt's Bees pomegranate and something else... It's supposedly 98% natural and is sold at wal*mart and anywhere else they sell Burt's Bees stuff, smells yummy, and is cheap! Plus my hair doesn't feel all dry and crispy after I use it.

Don't laugh.....

Pantene - the one for color treated hair (even though I don't color). I got a trial size and really liked it bought a big bottle.

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating shampoo - sulphate free and smells invigorating! I also like their clarifying shampoo. I just started using a sulfate free shampoo and it seems to give that co washed moisturized feel but settle my mind on my hair being clean.

I use three:-

Regular poo - Aveda Damage Remedy
Chelating poo - ORS Creamy Aloe
Clarifying poo - Redken Cleansing Cream

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating shampoo - sulphate free and smells invigorating! I also like their clarifying shampoo. I just started using a sulfate free shampoo and it seems to give that co washed moisturized feel but settle my mind on my hair being clean.

i liked TTT...until i got in in my eye :nono: i nearly went blind lol

I've been eyeing that Giovanni Direct shampoo also. I've read great reviews and love that it's sulphate free.

Elucence Moisture Benefits was the bomb! i tried a sample and was in heaven. I almost could have gone without conditioner, my hair was so soft and detangled :love3:

I use several:

BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
Jason's Tee Tree
Trader JOe's Nourish Spa (I usually mix mine with aloe vera gel and I think when this runs outs I am going to try it with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle)

I just bought and tried Oyin Handmade's Grand Poo Bar. It left my hair feeling much softer than I expected. It is also sulfate free. It is made using black soap, and black soap, while a great cleanser, has left my hair too dry in the past, but the Grand Poo Bar was wonderful. Good luck!

I am loving the new Sulfate-Free line by Loreal. My hair is super soft after washing. I've tried a couple of other sulfate free shampoos (Trader Joe's Nourish, etc.) but the softness wasn't no ways near the Loreal. You only need a little and the lather is quite luxurious!

Moisturizing and Hydrating- Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo (Available at Target and some BSS)
Moisturizing and Fortifying- Chemistry Daily Shampoo (Drugstore & some grocery stores)
Clarifying- Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Clarifying shampoo (Drugstore & health stores)

All of these are sulfate-free!

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa - regular poo

Cream of Nature Kiwi and Citrus - poo after cholesterol prepoo

Kenra Clarifying - clarifying/chelating

Back