Looking for a Braider in Chicago!

Trueladyaja

Hello,

I'm going to Hawaii in July yea! BUT... I don't know what to do with my hair. I am currently a SAHM so I have just been plating it in what I like to call Ms. Cele braids a la "Color Purple" and pinning it up or blowing it out warm combing the edges and pinning it up. It is Almost Midback length 4a/4b and natural. I am trying to decide if I want to do a weave with Bo Bratz get Senegalese Twits or Box Braids. My sister cornrowed my hair too tight last summer and I lost a lot of hair around my edges. It was BALD!Most of it has grown back in but I don't want to risk it again. I am tender headed so I can never tell if it is too tight until it is too late. I always have to take Tylenol because it usually hurts just to have other people comb my hair. I have lots of it and beauticians/braiders usually attack it and complain about how thick it is the whole time. I have even had them go so far as to say that I NEED a perm. Truth be told I have been doing my own hair for the most part of the last three years because my own mother (who is a hair stylist of more than 30 years) refuses to do my hair unless I A. Cut it or B. Perm it. SOO... I'm looking for a braider with gentle hands that specializes in natural hair and won't charge me $300.00 in Chicago or I'm going to have to teach my other sister who can cornrow with less tension to do sew in. Anyone know of a braider who can help me? I am looking for a specific person not just the name of a shop and I would prefer someone that you have been to more than once or twice. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fatou's African Hair Braiding
5503 N. Clark St.
773-814-9242

Great braider and gentle...All you have to do tell what you ant she's great. Clean shop also, You call and make appointment she doesn't take walk ins. Look in my fotki at her work.

Back