Lookin' for a leave-in Conditioner

CurlyNue

My 13 daughter has virgin hair which, untill now, I never really recognized its beauty. She has SL hair, I have no idea about the hair/curl type. Now that I can see the potential in the curl I am looking for as many options as possible for hair stlyes and care. My latest quest has brought me to this site to ask other ladies in the struggle for suggestions.

I am in the process of transitioning to natural hair, my last relaxer was March '09. So, as I located products, hair stlyes, techniques, etc. which work well for her, I recognize that in due time the same processes might work just as well for with with a modification or two.

My first task, locating a great leave-in conditioner. I have heard great things about Cantu however looking at the ingredients there are two (BHA and BHT) which I have heard warnings against. Namely that researchers are unsure of the long term affects of these chemicals on human

Ladies, any assistance you can provide would be totally appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:yep:

:welcome4:

Because of some other posters on the board (who I will now be eternally grateful to) I tried the Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. You can get it from her website (www.naturalhair.org), some beauty supply's, and some cvs stores (the lists of the bss's and cvs's are on her website).

It's natural, it smells good, and it works. It detangles my coily 4a natural hair so well that I just use my fingers. It also doubles as a leave-in/moisturizer. My hair was so silky soft when I used it. And because it's kind of thick it works as a styler as well. Also, it's only 7$.

I think if you're going to try one thing, it should be that.

Ive tried africas best organics olive oil leave in and its great and very moisturizing, i seal with the africas best herbal oil !!!!!

I've been using Modern Organic Products (MOP) leave in for years. I haven't found anything like it. It's really thick and rich, and a little goes a long way.

If I can find it, I might give that TW Bodifier a shot--I use Oyin's Greg Juice when I want a liquid leave in, but it would be cool if I could find a local substitute.

Kinky Curly Knot today for real! Its amazing! Like uber-wow on my part :yep:

Also try Neutrogena Triple Moist Silk touch leave-in>>I loved it for years! Cheap and local.

Back