Longer hair get more my curl loosens!!!!

I believe it's because your hair is heavier so the weight pulls the hair down, resulting in a looser curl pattern. Anyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

i'd echo what the others have said. it's pretty common. i'm actually looking forward to that as my hair gets longer :yep:

I defintely agree with that. when i started transitioning the first 3 months my hair had very tight curls now that im a little further in it has gotten looser. Im not saying people will go from 4c to 3a but... you know what i mean.

Yup, happened over here too. Got to the point I have friends debating with me about my hair type.

My friend who's 100% 3c hair is getting shorter as it's growing out. The curls are shrinking up. She's past APL stretched, maybe even BSB in the back, but her hair shrinks up to above SL. And I'm not talking about normal shrinkage. I'm talking about every time I see her, her hair seems shorter and shorter. She confirmed that I wasn't seeing things! She said it's as if the longer her strands get, the more tightly they coil at the bottom, resulting in an ever increasing shrinkage. Strange!

i'm 3c/4a (my hair is 50/50 of both textures the loose texture being in the front)and the longer mine gets the shorter it seems to get as well....BOO!!! :( on one hand it is like a protective style but on the other hand i never see my length unless i flatiron and that's not often. twistouts don't stretch it much either ( i'm scared to do them on blown out hair for fear of heat damage/ breakage nor do i want a 2 step process of drying my hair stretched before twisting it.)

Do you have fine strands?

Also, I wonder if it works in reverse. Have ladies who cut their long hair noticed their texture become tighter? @wavezncurlz I know you got a cut recently, are your curls slightly tighter?

Yep. My curls are more defined and popping. They never curled without a twistout when long. My wng hair before (this is no product but you see there no curls, more waves):

dry wng no product - just fuzz

dry wng with a little product

wng that is still damp

now:

Happens to me too. I find that when i was 3-9 months post BC my curls were extremely tight now they are a whole lot looser and me loikes it!

Back