Long vs Short Shed Hairs

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Most times I shed long hairs with the white bulb but several times a week, I'll notice short shed hairs with the white bulb (1 to 2 inches).

Anyone notice short, shed hairs also?
I know shedding is normal but is short, shed hairs normal/common?
If they are common, why are they short...does this mean the strand was once long and broke off, thus leaving only a short strand behind?
OT question -- Why are some shed/broken hairs so thin/fine that you can barely see them?

i was looking at a shed hair today and it was sooo short in comparison to my usual shed hairs...which makes me think it was a broken hair that just eventually shed...especially because i used this brush the other day and i think i heard some snaps :(

I get these. They are usually fine but the the rest of my hair is in no way fine. I just figure it is the edges. They are about 3 inches long and are at their terminal length. So if I see a shed hair about that size I assume it's a shed hair from the edges.

What's up Diva! I get those too. I always assume they are from my edges because my hair is extremely fine in that area. It's definitely possible that they can be broken hairs as well. I think it is almost impossible to know for sure unless you know where the hair originated at the moment it left the scalp.

Back