Long time Lurker, saying Hello & a question

Hibiscus30

Hello, everyone, been lurkin' a looooooong time, joined awhile back. I decided to stop being scured and get some one on one (hair tips). First, thanks to all you beautiful heads of hair for helping a sista begin a journey towards a head of healthy hair. I thought I would never get this hair on track until one day...LHCF was discovered when I was tryna research a topic for a paper, so glad I got off track that day. Hopefully, in the near future I will get a digital camera and post photos. I'm on a budget, one more semester before I get my BSN :grin:.

Anywhoo, I haven't touched up since Nov, 2005, I've trimmed alot of relaxed ends and still holding on. Well, I bought a generic Chi iron from Sally's and I love it. But, my hair don't turn out as straight as I wanted it to. When I was totally relaxed I used Dudley's creme press lightly when I had too much new growth and not enough cash for a touch up. But that ain't workin now.
Maybe my 4z hair is too durn resistant :lachen:and should give up hope right now for straight hair and just embrace my natural coils. Well, for those of you who do flat iron especially natural peeps do you use any kind of oil or creme? I remember when I was a little girl my mom pressed my hair and used apex and it would last for like 2wks and look like a relaxer.
I dunno, lookin forward to more great tips. Thanks!!!! I know long-winded,right!!!

Hi and Welcome:)
i haven't straightened my hair in quite a while, but i did use my maxiglide with a little dudley's creme press and i had relaxer-type hair. I have to flat iron on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair. I also have to part my hair in tiny sections in order to get my hair straight. I also know that the flat iron plays a BIG role in getting your hair straight. Before i bought my maxiglide i had a cheap flat iron and my hair didn't not look as good or get as straight.

hth,jasmine:) And good luck with your BSN!

ill probably get rocks thrown at me for this one but my 4z resistant hair only gets really straight when i blow dry it out first. On many occasions i have rollerset my hair and THEN flat-ironed but by far, its gotten straighter with the blow dryer. This means i cant do it very often :ohwell: Goodluck!

BTW, Welcome to the fam!!

Welcome girl! I am also fellow former lurker come out of hiding. Unfortunately my hair is relaxed so I can't offer 1st hand straightening tips. However, I notice a lot of of girls on here use the Maxiglide with great results. There is a thread about it, I think it's called "Do you own a Maxiglide?"

I wonder if WGO would help you. Their website says it can change the texture of your hair. After my touch up on Saturday, I had a few 3b/c corkscrews that didn't get processed and I just dabbed a little WGO on them and gently smoothed straight w/a comb. My hair has stayed straight ever since, even if high humidity! Without heat! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Back