Long term Lurker here to say hello.

Channy31

Hi guys,

So im a long long long time lurker of around 5 years. I first started my hair journey when I was about 14 then restarted it at 18. Im now 19 and have been on my journey for a year.

Just thought I would say hello! My hair is 3c (maybe) and currently BSL although my ends are damaged. Im really wary of cutting them because I can't do it myself but my hairdresser isnt very good tbh.

Either way i'm hoping for around waist length by 2013 and just thought Id say hello :)

my blog is
mixed-hair.blogspot.com if anyone is interested in, I couldnt work out how to add photos to this post haha.

P.s. how do I add the stuff at the bottom of my posts (where people have gifs, trackers and pictures)

Hey Girl :hug2:

From one use to be long time lurker to another :welcome:!

Your hair in your avi is gawjus. To add pictures, trackers and gifs to your siggy just go to the quick links tab above, go to edit signature and go for what ya know :lol:.

Again welcome, I hope you love it here as much as I do.

*Off to check out your blog:grin:

Hey Girl :hug2:

From one use to be long time lurker to another :welcome:!

Your hair in your avi is gawjus. To add pictures, trackers and gifs to your siggy just go to the quick links tab above, go to edit signature and go for what ya know :lol:.

Again welcome, I hope you love it here as much as I do.

*Off to check out your blog:grin:

hehe hello! Thank you, think ive done it!
Thanks for looking at my blog :)

Hi guys,

So im a long long long time lurker of around 5 years. I first started my hair journey when I was about 14 then restarted it at 18. Im now 19 and have been on my journey for a year.

Just thought I would say hello! My hair is 3c (maybe) and currently BSL although my ends are damaged. Im really wary of cutting them because I can't do it myself but my hairdresser isnt very good tbh.

Either way i'm hoping for around waist length by 2013 and just thought Id say hello :)

my blog is
mixed-hair.blogspot.com if anyone is interested in, I couldnt work out how to add photos to this post haha.

P.s. how do I add the stuff at the bottom of my posts (where people have gifs, trackers and pictures)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is willing to admit lurking a few years before determining wether to join and purchase a few years. I'm new also, Welcome Hun. When you log in to the main site, you can chose cp which is control panel and it will give you the option to add signatures etc off to the left side. Just dig through and you'll find it. Also, your hair is beautiful.

Welcome! :hiya: Checked out your blog, lots of good information :yep: Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do :) and BTW, your hair is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Welcome! I checked out your blog, you have very pretty hair :)

If you are worried about your regular hairdresser trimming your hair, why not try Great Clips? They are very good about only cutting off what you ask for :3

Welcome! I checked out your blog, you have very pretty hair :)

If you are worried about your regular hairdresser trimming your hair, why not try Great Clips? They are very good about only cutting off what you ask for :3

Thank you very much! What is Great clips?

MixedGirl it's a hair salon :) They accept walk-ins so you don't have to make an appointment. I've never had a problem with them trimming or cutting my hair. They really pay attention to what the client wants.

Here is their website, you can look to see if you have one in your area if you are interested:

Great Clips Website

MixedGirl

:) welcome girlie.

Why don't you plait or twist your hair in 15-24 sections and trim the ends of each braid or twist? Start with a very light hand taking off anywhere 1/8-1/2 inch from each area. You could do this every 6-8weeks till you think the damaged areas are gone then only trim every 3-6 months to maintain the health of your hair.

MixedGirl

:) welcome girlie.

Why don't you plait or twist your hair in 15-24 sections and trim the ends of each braid or twist? Start with a very light hand taking off anywhere 1/8-1/2 inch from each area. You could do this every 6-8weeks till you think the damaged areas are gone then only trim every 3-6 months to maintain the health of your hair.

Oh thanks I wil definitely do this once ive invested in some decent scissors. Know where to get some from? Or can you recommend any brands?

MixedGirl Do you have a Sallys near you? If not you can try their online website www.salon-services.com They have reasonable priced scissors, I bought a cheap pair as I only intend to use them on my hair for a light dusting, I intend to invest in a decent pair at some stage but I didn't see it as necessary for the minute. I picked up a Glamtec set of cutting and thinning scissors from one of the stores last week. Otherwise most hair shops and places like Boots/Superdrugs should have hair cutting scissors, if you don't have a big Boots near you, go to their website, you will also find some of the Organix range there too HTH

ETA: :welcome:

Last edited:
Hi OP! Welcome! I suggest going to YouTube and watching some vids of women who trim their own ends. There are some good ones and I am sure you can find a method you are comfortable with.

Hello and welcome to LHCF!!

You can add a signature by clicking on User CP (top of the page in a blue box), and selecting "Edit Signature" under the Settings. Hope that helps!

MixedGirl Do you have a Sallys near you? If not you can try their online website www.salon-services.com They have reasonable priced scissors, I bought a cheap pair as I only intend to use them on my hair for a light dusting, I intend to invest in a decent pair at some stage but I didn't see it as necessary for the minute. I picked up a Glamtec set of cutting and thinning scissors from one of the stores last week. Otherwise most hair shops and places like Boots/Superdrugs should have hair cutting scissors, if you don't have a big Boots near you, go to their website, you will also find some of the Organix range there too HTH

ETA: :welcome:

Thank you for your help!

Back