Long hair advice

greAtness333

I was just wondering how long it took ladies with at least shoulder length hair to grow their hair back after cutting it short (above the ear). In the past when I've cut it short it took me approxiamately 6 months to grow grazing-neck length hair.
ohwell.gif
That was before I had a serious regimen and probably went thru extreme trims from breakage even after the cut. Now, that I have a consistant regime, I'm anxious to see how long it will take to grow grazing-neck then shoulder length hair again.
smile.gif
I'm hoping to get 1.5 in per retouch (2 mnths.). I was just wondering what everyone else's experience was like.
confused.gif

In 9th grade, some ^$^^# years ago, I cut my hair to a short cut,like as short as Halle Berry's. My hair grew to should-length in 3-4 months.

That was when my mom just washed, no conditioner, slapped on some blue magic hair grease and put my hair in sponge rollers.

I don't get fast growth like that anymore.

My hair was cut to just above ear lobe back when I was 13. This was the period of time where I took horrible care of my hair, so it took a considerable amount of time to grow it to my shoulders.

So in 1996, I had barely ear lobe length hair
In 1998, it was just grazing shoulder length. It should not have taken more than one year, but I didn't know as much about haircare back then.

You can do it in much less time.

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
wow...this is interesting...so next summer i may have shoulder length hair!? cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

How long is your hair right now? I'm assuming you're currently growing it out too. We could keep up with each other's progress.
smile.gif

my hair is about 5 inches all around...i cant really tell since i have so much shrinkage...
Hey, im all for tracking progress together!!!

Let's see... I can't remember, but I know it was at least 6 months. Maybe about a year. My hair was cut VERY short above my ear. It may have been 2 inches long.

This may seem like a long time, but for me it wasn't. Considering that my hair never grew much past my ears until I started taking care of it myself.

Back