Long, Fine, Natural 4b/c Hair

She is one of my hair inspirations.
I have similar hair to her and it's reassuring to see it reach long lengths

It is encouraging, because a lot of times in the natural hair community, I usually only see thick, high or medium density type ladies getting love, reaching long lengths, and being featured. I almost feel like people tend to forget that there are some of us who are fine-textured and have low-medium density hair on their head. Not all of us have super LUSH, thick natural hair. :ohwell:

It's good to see more variety in the natural hair community. :yep: It's VERY rare that I see low-density fine-haired natural ladies like myself who reach incredible lengths. So this is definitely a breath of fresh air and an encouragement to ladies like myself who don't have thick, voluminous hair.

ETA: I would say however, that she might need to cut a good 3 or 4 inches off from her ends though.... :look:

It is encouraging, because a lot of times in the natural hair community, I usually only see thick, high or medium density type ladies getting love, reaching long lengths, and being featured. I almost feel like people tend to forget that there are some of us who are fine-textured and have low-medium density hair on their head. Not all of us have super LUSH, thick natural hair. :ohwell:

It's good to see more variety in the natural hair community. :yep: It's VERY rare that I see low-density fine-haired natural ladies like myself who reach incredible lengths. So this is definitely a breath of fresh air and an encouragement to ladies like myself who don't have thick, voluminous hair.

ETA: I would say however, that she might need to cut a good 3 or 4 inches off from her ends though.... :look:

Exactly!
And I would agree with the bolded, it would add to the beauty of her hair.

With my density being so low and having fine hair I never truly thought I would be able to reach TBL....I am very serious about getting to longer lengths now and she just proved I could do it....

In her video about how she grew her hair long, she mentions that she bands/stretches her hair after each voice.

This was further confirmation for me that I need to keep my hair in a stretched state.... Even more excited now for my hourglass rollers to go ahead and get here!

Oh, also prayer... she contributes prayer to her growth.

In her video about how she grew her hair long, she mentions that she bands/stretches her hair after each voice.

This was further confirmation for me that I need to keep my hair in a stretched state.... Even more excited now for my hourglass rollers to go ahead and get here!

Oh, also prayer... she contributes prayer to her growth.

Also, most of the other tips in the video are no longer current. Her wash day routine from start to finish gives more details on how she currently cares for her hair. It was just posted Dec 2016.

She used to wash only like every 3 weeks and not even use a wide tooth comb. She now washes like weekly or so and uses a wide tooth comb to detangle while her DC is still in her hair. Per a style video, it looks like she also blow-drys now.. consistent thing is that she keeps it stretched.

Last edited:
my hair is just like hers. I bet she is a member here.

my hair tangles at the thought, so i get my ends trimmed. I also find it is better to finger detangle.

Back