Lonei's Hair Journey

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed your story. I don't think I could go 3 weeks without washing my hair lol but I felt inspired none the less. How long did it take you to reach Waist Length? Also do you think that rollerset/pincurl hairsytle could work on SL hair?

I cant say exactly how long waist length took because I had a major cut and big trims inbetween. The rollersets and pincurling would definately work on SL hair, its a good place to sart nd a great alternative to wrapping. Thanks a bunch!

It's not silly to say Jesus helped you. I know he helped me too. It is very depressing when your hair is breaking. Praise the Lord we have women who are sharing their knowledge on this site. I have learned so much and I really feel blessed to be a member here.

Lonei,

congratulations on the birth of your baby, and surviving the dreaded post pardum shedding :)! After looking at your fotki, I'm going to have try pin curls.

ETA: Do you think the "hair net rubbing" might be the culprit with your edges?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!

Do you flat iron your roots after every rollerset? Have you experienced any breakage or damage from doing this?

roller setting and pin curls definitely work on SL hair especially if you are looking for a "protective" style and aren't really worried about showing length.
Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed your story. I don't think I could go 3 weeks without washing my hair lol but I felt inspired none the less. How long did it take you to reach Waist Length? Also do you think that rollerset/pincurl hairsytle could work on SL hair?

I hope you are feature of the month soon because your hair is absolutely gorgeous! You have always been very consistent with hair updates, I love that!

BTW, do you get any excess dryness from using the ORS relaxer?

Hey blackberry, it takes about 45 mins-1 hour to rollerset my hair now and like 2-2.5 hours to dry under the dryer

Lonei,

congratulations on the birth of your baby, and surviving the dreaded post pardum shedding :)! After looking at your fotki, I'm going to have try pin curls.

ETA: Do you think the "hair net rubbing" might be the culprit with your edges?

Thanks hun! I just did a pin curl tutorial, the link is in my siggy. I dont think the net rubbing is a culprit though I couldnt rule it out totally x

Thanks for sharing!

Do you flat iron your roots after every rollerset? Have you experienced any breakage or damage from doing this?

Yes, I flat iron after every rollerset. Because its only once every 3 weeks and I am literally just claping the hair one time for like 3-5 seconds, I have experienced no breakage or damage from doing this. Its actually more manageable than if I didnt do it due to the fact that my hair is textlaxed.

I hope you are feature of the month soon because your hair is absolutely gorgeous! You have always been very consistent with hair updates, I love that!

BTW, do you get any excess dryness from using the ORS relaxer?

Thanks hun. No excess dryness per say but the first wash after the relaxer my scalp is very itchy/dry (as I have had with all relaxers), but once I have washed it its fine.

I'm a big fan of yours and I absolutely *love* your hair. You always inspire me to do better with my rollersets. One day I hope to have my rollerset technique down as good as you do!

I hate I missed this thread. The article WAS a really nice read Lonei. And congratulations on your accomplishements! You have lovely hair.

have you experienced any adverse reactions from washing your hair every three weeks? I wash once a week now.. but I'm getting lazy rollersetting is taking too much time... three weeks is sounding very good to me..

Back