Loneis Giovanni/Maxi/Rollersetting Pics!!!!

lonei

Some of you know that I have been thinking about trying to use mostly organic products, today I used the Giovanni Magnetic Poo and Con, Direct Leave in to detangle and the Frizz Be Gone to set. I did pre-poo with Keracare Essential Oils Ladies, I am so happy, my hair have never felt so soft and frizz free (its badly underprocessed), the comb just glided through! I rollerset upwards today which was a bit hard and will take some more practice. Anyway, I used my maxi again but this time without the pins (which pulled out my hair) and without the steam (which made if frizzy) on setting 4. I'm so pleased with the results for once, Giovanni all the way! Praise the lord!

Its in the lonei3 album under November.

Your hair is very pretty.
*I took the pins out of my Maxiglide the last time I used it also.*

lonei said:
Some of you know that I have been thinking about trying to use mostly organic products, today I used the Giovanni Magnetic Poo and Con, Direct Leave in to detangle and the Frizz Be Gone to set. I did pre-poo with Keracare Essential Oils Ladies, I am so happy, my hair have never felt so soft and frizz free (its badly underprocessed), the comb just glided through! I rollerset upwards today which was a bit hard and will take some more practice. Anyway, I used my maxi again but this time without the pins (which pulled out my hair) and without the steam (which made if frizzy) on setting 4. I'm so pleased with the results for once, Giovanni all the way! Praise the lord!

Its in the lonei3 album under November.

Lovely!!

gotta ask you - do you think rolling upwards made your roots straighter than rolling down?

did you feel you had to work harder with the maxi without the comb thing?
i'm trying to get a method together with the rollersetting, my relaxed hair is underprocessed too but also got alot of ng to flatten out. using that maxi with the teeth was really hard to do cause the hair definitely tried to tangle (wanted to keep the curls too!).

yours looks really really good!!

dlewis said:
Your hair looks great.

Did you sit under a dryer to dry it? How long did it take?

dlewis

Thanks ladies, yeah I did, but I had to sit under for 30 mins extra since I rolled up.

LynnieB said:
Lovely!!

gotta ask you - do you think rolling upwards made your roots straighter than rolling down?

did you feel you had to work harder with the maxi without the comb thing?
i'm trying to get a method together with the rollersetting, my relaxed hair is underprocessed too but also got alot of ng to flatten out. using that maxi with the teeth was really hard to do cause the hair definitely tried to tangle (wanted to keep the curls too!).

yours looks really really good!!

Thanks. I dont know, I dont think so as I could pull the roller taught, nor could I comb a section of hair properly if I started rolling up from the top (at the sides) rather than the bottom, but in the same breath, something was different but i cant pinpoint what.

The maxi without the comb was SO much easier, now it did actually glide through! But I think its because i rollerset first, so the hair was kinda straight already, when I wet wrapped last time, I dont think the smooth plates would have worked. But at least without the pins you can press as hard as you want without pulling your hair out, the pins dont really allow you to keep your curls.

Lonei! Your hair is gorgeous!!! The rollerset looks great! I am presently taking out my first rollerset and its a mess lol! Can you get Giovanni stuff in London? But I love my keracare.....:cry3:

I'm glad you decided to purchase the giovanni after you asked your questions. What did you think of the magnetic shampoo and conditioner? Those are my staples, but I dont think that many people use it here.
ETA: Your hair looks great! :)

Isis said:
Beautiful pics! I'm going to have to check out that Giovanni!

Since we are both, texlaxed, I think it would work well for you, and plus I know you lead a healthy lifestyle. Thanks. Do a search on it.

Last edited:
betty-boo said:
Lonei! Your hair is gorgeous!!! The rollerset looks great! I am presently taking out my first rollerset and its a mess lol! Can you get Giovanni stuff in London? But I love my keracare.....:cry3:

Thanks, keep trying, my first, second third etc one was awful too! No you cant get it in the UK, someone here sent it for me, but I will be buying it from the vitamin shoppe online in the future. i use to use Keracare also, but for my texlaxed texture, it wasnt detangling as well as i needed it to. If Keracare works well for you, stick with it.

Enchantmt said:
I'm glad you decided to purchase the giovanni after you asked your questions. What did you think of the magnetic shampoo and conditioner? Those are my staples, but I dont think that many people user it here.
ETA: Your hair looks great! :)

Thank you for all your input, you helped me alot! It was amazing, remember Im am badly underprocessed and detangling is a big chore as my hair matts together. I did a pre-poo with keracare essential oils and at first it wouldnt lather, so I though great, another product to give away! Then it did lather the second time round and once i rinsed it, it felt clean and soft but not stripped. I undid my braids with my fingers (i wash in 10 braids) and usually at this point it is tangled or stuck together, but it wasnt, i was quite shocked at that. I then added the conditioner and it felt soft on contact, but still i was sceptikal as this happens with most conditioners and after you rinse them out, the softness disappears with it. I went under the steamer for 10 mins with it and when i rinsed it out it was still very soft. It wasnt as tangled as it normally is with keracare. I then added the direct leave in, and the comb glided throough, I couldnt believe it. The frizz be gone was then added to each secton I rollerset and the comb again glided through, I normally have to fight the rattail comb through, but these products are amazing! It was so soft after it dried under the dryer, a bit heavier than I'd liked but very healthy, soft and manageable. I couldnt have wished for more. Thanks for your help, these are a keeper!!!

lonei said:
Since we are both, texlaxed, I think it would work well for you, and plus I know you lead a healthy lifestyle. Thanks. Do a serach on it.
I'm doing a search on it now. Thank you!:)

Back