LONDON ALERT - Sew in Weave for £20!!!

*KP*

Hi all,

After seeing the fabulous work this salon had done on my sister and my aunt I decided to get my first full head weave. I am impressed and for £20 you can change your style as often as you like. Have a look at the pictures and you can judge if it was a good deal or not. The pictures are too big to upload so I have created a fotki album and put them there. http://public.fotki.com/special83/

And no, that was not a typo, I really did mean 20 British Pounds!

If you are interested, let me know and I'll pass on the salon's details.

K

Hello special K,

I am a braids type of person but my sis and my friends are into weaves...would you mind sharing the salon info cos this could only be a miracle they would believe if the had it done for them selves for £20! Please share....:yep:

It's looks really nice. Well worth the price. I wish you could get a sew in for that amount here in the states.

Just curious what is that in American money?

If its Hairmax or Crown and Glory most people in south go there.

Hair max in Camberwell is £20
Crown and Glory round the corner is £25. There's one in Streatham as well.
Been both places. They do a good job. Your kind of crazy if you live in south london and pay over £35 for a weave. They are cheap down here. But get there early as in just before 9am. I hate the word but they are ghetto establishments- if you value customer service/tardiness- you ain't gonna get it here.

Hairmax Beauty Salon

69 Denmark Hill
London SE5 8RS
+44 (0) 20 7701 5808

CROWN N GLORY BEAUTY SALON COLDHARBOUR LANE SOUTHWARK LONDON SE5 9PR

Kinky twists are £25, Braids £40, cornrows £20 etc. You won't pay over £40 for whatever. I just advise anyone not to go there for chemical treatments or deep conditioners etc.

PM me for Pics of some people who get their hair done there. Faces blurred obv.

Last edited:
OMG - i have been paying £65 for braid extensions....and i took them out the next day cus i hated them so much.

I must check these places out.

Do you have to provide your own hair?

I take it you wouldn't let them give you a trim or flat iron!!!!!

No way Bublin!!! Maybe if my hair was healthy and thick like my sisters i would get a cheap press ( £5 at sammys in Coldharbour Lane). But now my hair is damaged there is no way.
My friend went to get a treatment at C+ G and she said they messed up your hair.

Yes you have to bring your own hair. I know that braids in Crown and Glory are £40, they are probably the same or cheaper at Hairmax.:yep:

I have heard that Hairmax is slightly better.

The only thing is the people can be rude and unproffesional, and the atmosphere can be daunting. Go with a friend first. But get there early! Like just before 9 am or 9 on the dot or they will have you there all day. Also sometimes i can't understand what the ladies say to me cos the Jamaican ladies speak in patois and the African ladies in pidgin english so i just smile and nod my head when they crack a joke lol!

All these cheap establishments are popping up all over the place since i got back to S. London. I go to these places when i am exasperated with my hair, that way u get a new style without spending an arm or a leg. When i read about women spending $200 on braids/weaves on hairboards i :nono:. Cos i always change my hair regularly and get bored so that money would be down the drain.

If its Hairmax or Crown and Glory most people in south go there.

Hair max in Camberwell is £20
Crown and Glory round the corner is £25. There's one in Streatham as well.
Been both places. They do a good job. Your kind of crazy if you live in south london and pay over £35 for a weave. They are cheap down here. But get there early as in just before 9am. I hate the word but they are ghetto establishments- if you value customer service/tardiness- you ain't gonna get it here.

Hairmax Beauty Salon

69 Denmark Hill
London SE5 8RS
+44 (0) 20 7701 5808

CROWN N GLORY BEAUTY SALON COLDHARBOUR LANE SOUTHWARK LONDON SE5 9PR

Kinky twists are £25, Braids £40, cornrows £20 etc. You won't pay over £40 for whatever. I just advise anyone not to go there for chemical treatments or deep conditioners etc.

PM me for Pics of some people who get their hair done there. Faces blurred obv.

Thanks Sweet Whispers, I went to Hairmax, I was just about to post the details.

If you do want a skin closure, ask for Fay as she was the only person that knew how to do it the day I went. If you don't want a skin closure ALL the girls are great.

What hair and closure did you use it looks really good and pretty natural

Hi Hothair,

I used Adorable 16 inch hair and Jazzy skin closure. The skin closure had a plastic backing so it was a bit difficult to sew - next time I might go for lace or mesh.

The salon details are just above

One other thing...

If you do go, keep an eye on your hair. I have a feeling they didn't finish my pack and kept the remaining weave but I was told it was finished. It happened to some other people I know too. They open the pack over by the bin so you can't see!! I didn't want to start shouting down the place in case I was wrong as I didn't pay attention but it definitely won't happen to me twice!

I'm too scared to go.....:blush:

LOL it's not that bad!!

Yes its a bit of a ghetto establishment to quote a previous post but one on one I found the stylists quite nice.

And I'd definitely say go EARLY. Hairmax opens at 9.30, try to be the first. I arrived at 10am and was out by 1pm but you could easily spend the day there.

Hmm. I travel to London for work fairly often. I am going in a couple of weeks, if I cant swing it between meetings. I will keep this in mind for my next trip. Thanks for the details.

Special_K - which one of the establishments would you recommend more than the other? Hairmax or Crown and Glory?

Special_K - which one of the establishments would you recommend more than the other? Hairmax or Crown and Glory?

Hey Bublin, I have only been to Hairmax so can't speak for the others. But I think it was Sweet Whispers that said she had heard Hairmax was better than Crown and Glory. With either though, just speak up so they do what YOU want and not what THEY want.

Let me know how it turns out!

This place seem far more ghetto than Fanta's play in Walworth road. I guess I will stick to that even though I pay £40 for ghanian braids. I would prefer to stick to one person who has seen my hair journey since I went natural in 2005....In saying that sometime people are in there hours waiting to just have their eyebrows shaped:nono:

Hi London girls

After the recommendations here, i took myself off to Hairmax. I found the service to be pleasant even though i was waiting a bit (in at 12.30pm out at 3pm) and the Ladies were loud, but i think unfortunately its what I've become used as i don't think i've been to a Black salon which operates a professional service, like the time a lady was eating whilst doing my hair..... anyway here are the pics let me know what you think and any tips on maintaining this look please let me know, quite nervous that its going to get messed up pretty quick and would quite like to keep it in for at least four weeks

Attachments

• Hairmax full weave.jpg
    Hairmax full weave.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Hairmax back.jpg
    Hairmax back.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
Growth 2 come -3 hours for eyebrows getting shaped? I always see loads of people at Fanta's but rah there are like 50-11other places on walworth road and east street where you can get your brows. Threading is only £3.

fairy hairy, loving the greedy weave lol!thats just what i call all long weaves. Good blending.

i'm no weave expert, but wrap it at night to maintain the shape, also a sillicone based glosser like doo-gro polishing shine or Organic root stimulator olive oil glossing polisher will def cut down on the frizzes. I think you'll get to 4 weeks fine. What hair did you use?

Its not human but you can wash and tong it, can't quite remember, going past shops later so will have a look. didn't want to spend loads on hair in-case they were rubbish lol:spinning:

right just found the name of the weave: futuraftress, "just like human hair"
Yaki 18inch

Last edited:
Why can't i see pix :spinning:, so was it too tight? when i get back in January want to do a Naomi length straight weave so looking for people that do perfect full weaves (not sure I can do a straight full head on my head by meself- having said that, does anyone know where I can get a lace closure?

This is such good info!!! I used to go to Upton Park and get braids for 80 and weave for 45 or 50!! I'm definitely keeping this noted for my next london visit!!
I'm still in shock....40 for BRAIDS?!?!?!?!?!? :whyme:

Back