LOL. I tried making a mixture with real olive oil and it was a HAM

Almeta16

About a week ago, I was reading about oil and how you all mix them. So one night I had decided to mix real virgin olive oil with suave conditioner, I added Roux conditioner and mixed it all up. I put it on my hair and sat under the dryer. The oil was flowing from under the cap and into my eyes and face,neck and shoulders. Is this what you all mean by oils? or did I just do it wrong?:scratchch

About a week ago, I was reading about oil and how you all mix them. So one night I had decided to mix real virgin olive oil with suave conditioner, I added Roux conditioner and mixed it all up. I put it on my hair and sat under the dryer. The oil was flowing from under the cap and into my eyes and face,neck and shoulders. Is this what you all mean by oils? or did I just do it wrong?:scratchch

Sounds like too much Oil. And the Conditioners you attempted to use were not "thick" enough. Suave and Roux and lighter weight conditioners. If you are looking in that price range try a Queen Helene or some other Jarred Conditioner with a little more consistency to add your Oil to.

You Must use a heavier coniditioner especially if you were/are trying to DC with Heat.:yep: You could use those with the Oil if you were doing a Co-Wash or just leaving it in for a couple of minutes w/o Heat.

Last edited:
Right oil, you just used too much.

Isn't suave runny? Adding oil to it probably just made it more runny. You probably should have used less oil. I've never used Roux. Was it the porosity control? I thought that had to be used by itself.

Anyway, there are many different ways to use oils, you just have to experiment like you've been doing. If you mix it with a conditioner, just don't use too much. And it's probably best to add to a creamy conditioner, not a watery one.

When adding oil to a dc, you don't have to add a lo of oil. A tbsp or two should do the job. Also use thicker conditioners to dc with :)

I add oils to my DC treatments all the time, I always add a tbsp and make sure the mixture is thick. I have thick hair and always deep condition my hair when its dry :D

I part my hair in four sections and spray my moister mix (olive oil and water) detangle my hair with a comb or fingers and add my DC mixture to my hair making sure the roots are getting some too and start massaging my entire scalp before wearing my hair cap.

Back