Locks and Washing

cclark1

Today I was in Whole Food looking for an all natural conditioner. The salesperson had natural hair (like mine) and I asked her what she used. She said that she was grow locks and so she just used her bodies own natural oils??? So I guess that means that she DOESN'T wash her hair. To me that sounds very unusual. Can anyone clarify this for me.

Ummm, she probably meant that she doesn't use conditioner. I've had locks and I washed my hair weekly. However, I RARELY used creamy conditioner because it's hard to get out of locks. I would just wash and then put a little oil on my hands and run my fingers through my hair. There are also herbal rinses that are used to condition the hair.

When I had locs I washed them with some aveda clove shampoo & conditioner- the products were deep brown in color to avoid white build up. I never heard of not washing locs :perplexed

There is a concept of cleaning hair called Water Only. It's interesting to consider, but it has some solid reasoning behind it.

I never thought it would work well on kinky hair..... but on locs, it actually might. Hrmm. Interesting.

She might also be going for free form locks - but even still, I'm pretty sure those are usually washed - just not conditioned.

Back