Living Proof

RoundEyedGirl504

Anybody try this line? I am thinking of getting the value kit for$29 from Sephora. The sales girl I talked to the other day says she loves it and her hair was so pretty and shiny. I need to get a staple for when I wear my hair straight so that's why I am considering it. Anybody got any feedback? I shole would preciate ya:grin:

Get it!!! I love this line; the Restore is also a winner. The masque is fantastic, all of their products are just awesome!

I got a nice sized sample of the leave in when I was subscribed to MyGlam. I haven't tried it yet...but the packaging is nice.

Hello ladies. Just bumping to see if anyone still uses this line and know of any products close to it. I am now natural (4 a/b) and absolutely love the No Frizz Conditioner. There is no glycerin (which makes my hair feel dry after it air dries), no cones and no oils in their conditioners (I believe all of them). The problem is they only sell 8 oz. bottles of it and it's killing my pockets.

Anyone know any products that are close?

Is anyone using this line? I avoided it for a long time because a) it's pretty expensive (even more than It's a 10! which I was using previously) and b) something about it just screamed not for natural black hair stay away (maybe it was the big pic of Jennifer Aniston and remembering the super white show Friends, lol). I don't know why but I would kinda browse the selection and then keep moving every time I went to Ulta. I wanted to stop using silicones because I finally realized that I have fine strands and silicones weigh it down terribly but I am a heat straightened natural so that kinda put me in a bind as far as finding an effective cone free heat protectant. I tried shea butter and jojoba oil and I think I fried my hair even though it felt nice at the time. I kept searching and Living Proof kept coming up as cone and oil free heat protectant. I started looking into it and several people were saying the products don't play well with other products with cones in them. So I said what the heck I'll try the whole line exclusively and so far so good!

My hair feels really nice and silky. It feels like real hair and not the coated sorta stiff feeling that I get with cones. I didn't realize how coated my hair felt until I started using this stuff. I just purchase the travel sizes from Ulta/Sephora to test out and see which products I like the best and I return the ones I don't like. So far the Restore line is my favorite along with the PhD Night Cap. The company says your hair will improve with each use and so far in the 3 weeks I have experienced this. The only downside I see so far is that my roots revert too easily with this versus cones but it's still so soft that I'm willing to deal with it. Is anyone else using these products?

I like it the only thing I have tried is the restore targeted repair cream. I use this as my leave-in underneath my gel sometimes. It makes my hair smooth and smells so clean and fresh. The consistency is very creamy not too light or too thick and it pairs well with my wetline xtreme hair gel.

I have been using the No Frizz line for over a year when I flat iron. I use the complete set of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in cream and nourishing cream. The thing is it does work to prevent reversion even in high humidity BUT it only worked that well when I used it on heat-killed hair (when I flat iron bone straight at 415). AND I have to use all four of those products for it to work for me. (My hair is natural 4a, very similar to my avatar when combed out).

I have tried using it on a simple blow dry for a bantu knot-out, and it did not keep the frizz/reversion away.

So for me it only works when I use extreme heat on my hair --- which ends up simulating Jennifer Aniston's texture, hint hint!

Therefore, after repeated trials, I found that it is not worth purchasing again because my goal is not bone straight hair.

I like it the only thing I have tried is the restore targeted repair cream. I use this as my leave-in underneath my gel sometimes. It makes my hair smooth and smells so clean and fresh. The consistency is very creamy not too light or too thick and it pairs well with my wetline xtreme hair gel.

I have that cream and I love it! It really helps me detangle and like you said it smooths and smell really good. I'm glad all of the products have the same scent. It makes it easy to cross over into other lines and not have to worry about them clashing or one over powering another.

I have been using the No Frizz line for over a year when I flat iron. I use the complete set of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in cream and nourishing cream. The thing is it does work to prevent reversion even in high humidity BUT it only worked that well when I used it on heat-killed hair (when I flat iron bone straight at 415). AND I have to use all four of those products for it to work for me. (My hair is natural 4a, very similar to my avatar when combed out).

I have tried using it on a simple blow dry for a bantu knot-out, and it did not keep the frizz/reversion away.

So for me it only works when I use extreme heat on my hair --- which ends up simulating Jennifer Aniston's texture, hint hint!

Therefore, after repeated trials, I found that it is not worth purchasing again because my goal is not bone straight hair.

You are so right. I have only tried the No Frizz styling cream and the Humidity shield from that line and humidity still got the best of me but my hair just feels so good! I don't think I will bother with any other products from the Frizz line because I don't get the humidity blocking benefits and I can get the smooth bouncy hair from the Restore line. How often were you flat ironing with it?

You are so right. I have only tried the No Frizz styling cream and the Humidity shield from that line and humidity still got the best of me but my hair just feels so good! I don't think I will bother with any other products from the Frizz line because I don't get the humidity blocking benefits and I can get the smooth bouncy hair from the Restore line. How often were you flat ironing with it?
I was flat ironing about 1x monthly. Smooth, bouncy hair sounds enticing! I'll look into the Restore line.

I guess I'm the odd man out because I hated this line! I got:
  1. no frizz leave-in conditioner
  2. curl travel kit
  3. satin (free)
  4. amp instant texture volumizer (free)
  5. restore mask treatment sample (free)
I will admit I only tried the products in the curl travel kit and they provided no slip what so ever! My hair was dry and tangled so I haven't tried anything else.

I guess I'm the odd man out because I hated this line! I got:
  1. no frizz leave-in conditioner
  2. curl travel kit
  3. satin (free)
  4. amp instant texture volumizer (free)
  5. restore mask treatment sample (free)
I will admit I only tried the products in the curl travel kit and they provided no slip what so ever! My hair was dry and tangled so I haven't tried anything else.

I have read a lot of reviews for a lot of the products and the Curl line has the worse reviews. I haven't tried any of that line because I wear my hair straight. The only one on your list I have tried (and love!) is the Restore mask. You should give that one a shot.

I have read a lot of reviews for a lot of the products and the Curl line has the worse reviews. I haven't tried any of that line because I wear my hair straight. The only one on your list I have tried (and love!) is the Restore mask. You should give that one a shot.

Thanks Muse! I will. I guess I should have looked at the reviews before I trusted the description and spent money!!

I actually just tried the Curl travel kit. I usually wear my hair straight but I have been doing a lot of OT at work for the past few weeks in order to meet a deadline so I don't have time to straighten right now. I really like it...well most of it. What makes this line bad to me is that terrible "detangling" rinse. It's pure garbage. I used the curl conditioning wash first and it was awesome! It cleansed well and kept my hair moisturized and mostly tangle free the problem came when I put that d@*$ rinse on my hair. It undid ALL of the benefits the wash gave me INSTANTLY! Dry tangled hair is what it left me with. It completely stripped my hair like a clarifying shampoo. I used the curl leave in AND the curl styling cream after and still felt like it wasn't enough. I took that kit back and bought a big bottle of the wash. I used the wash, the leave in conditioner, and a little of the styling cream and that's when I got great results. My day 5 hair is soft and doesn't feel dried out like it usually does by now. I don't put anything in my hair except for on wash days (I hate product overload). That detangler is for SUPER oily hair in my opinion and should not be in the CURL kit.

Back