Living in Hawaii...

mskisha

I read the post on all the great help Hawaii was for some of the members. I live in Honolulu now
blush.gif
hwell: Fresh from NC.. and I need help
smirk.gif
.. I have to get a program down for my hair.. I find that the price of beauty over here is HIGH
smirk.gif
. I have relaxed hair. It is almost chin length.. I love to wear it flipped out like Oprah or tied up in a wrap.

what do I need to do? Now b4 you answer that.. here's what I am doing.. Shampooing ever three to eight days.. dpeneding on how I feel. (Motions neutralizing shampoo) Conditioning with Motions oil Moisturizing Protien Conditioner. I have to relax my hair soon.. it's starting to be very wavy and I have no time for ugly hair anymore.

What do I do.. what do I do?

HELP??????????

Kisha
confused.gif

I'm kinda in the same situation..between NC and Guam (a.k.a. Little Hawaii). Beauty products are really expensive here...it's kind of a monopoly because there is only one bss that sells EVERYTHING..I think the main thing difference will probably be the humidity..Your hair probably won't be as dry as a result of that, so you might want to wash more often. Also, you may only want to use the protein conditioner when you need to stop breakage and follow it up with a good moisturizing conditioner. I think the most important thing is to stay away from direct heat!

Hi fellow North Carolinian,

I live in Raleigh. Anyway regarding your question, I would switch shampoos. I recommend a moisturizing one like Creme of Nature. I also agree with DatJerseyDyme about a moisturizing conditioner like Keracare Humecto or Motions Moisture Plus.

HTH.

There truly ain't nothing finer than to be in Carolina.. but Hawaii sho do beat it when the winter wind be kickin. LOL

Thanks.. I am going to actually go to find the kemi products and try them. When I was in North carolina.. the creme of nature didn't work for me as well and it had others. I will try the motions moisture plus. And roller setting my hair to air dry instead of what I am doing right now...

I oiled my scalp and hair last night and I really love the texture of my new growth. I always do. I fear that I may want to go back to the root of things.. which I have done every other year now...I think I will just stretch out my new groth and delay a touch up until I can make a firm decision.
Please keep the ideas coming...I am going to need the help of a few sisters to get this mane as healthy and then as long as it possibly can be.

Thanks
Aloha Y'all

Back