LittleBlack Scarf and Hair Growth

annablack

Ok, so i recently purchased the LittleBlack scarf. I ordered it because it supposedly helps to grow your hair by protecting it while you sleep. I slept with it for two weeks and and can't lie, my hair looks great in the morning. I can really tell that its making a difference. It also stays on the entire night. I also wear it when I am working out as well as on my lazy days around the house. Anyway, has anyone else tried this product yet? I want to know if there is anything else I can use with it to help my hair grow. Im trying to get at least an inch of growth by the end of the year!

Inch of growth by the end of the year? We have 6 more months. If you get only a inch something is wrong. Even for a slow grower. Average growth is 1/2 in a month. You get more or less. But if you get 1 inch in 6 months that's terrible.

Your on a hair board so do a search for it and there are thousands of threads. The key is moisture and protein balance and sealing the moisture in

Sorry, the link is http://littleblackscarf.com

Im being a bit conservative for the inch, that way i can shoot past my goal! I think I got the sealing the moisture in part down and my shampoo and vitamin regiment is sound. I think I will blow past my goal. Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
I "googled" the link and $49.00 IMO is kinda steep for this scarf.

And I would be concerned after several wears/washings it may stretch out and slide right off your head.

Also, with the "Knit" Material(s) there is a great possibility for Snagging..

The black one looked like silk or satin but the deer I can tell it's actual knit material and that will tug at hair. I don't see why it's $49. Should be $5. It looks like a knitted dread lock scarf. I don't see how it will make your hair shiny and grow longer. Not like it has something infused in the scarf. I would never try this. The best materials are silk and satin period

I was concerned about the snagging as well before I purchased it. The priced seemed to be a little higher than I wanted but I figure with the 30 day return policy, I could get my money back if I didn't like it. The material is VERY smooth and I haven't had snags with my hair yet. Also, they recommend to hand wash the scarf. As far as the stretching out part, I've only used it for two weeks so I can't comment in that :). Anyway, I'll keep you updated on if it works out, but so far so good.

I was about to break my bonnet/scarf "no buy" thinking there's some hair covering product out there that I don't have. Then I saw the $49 price tag :thud:

I watched the video, 6 ways to wear the LBS, and it seems like the scarf can be used for more than just night-time scarf purposes. Are you affiliated with the company, OP? I don't think I'll be purchasing any time soon, but I am curious about the band at the hairline pulling on the hair. Has that been an issue you've experienced?

49.00 for a scarf is ridiculous. I'll stick to my 3.99 satin scarf. Still have shiny hair and growth. I can also wear my scarf as a headband, wrap, bow...w/e.

I actually bought a similar scarf off of amazon for like $5. I had it for 2 years now, washed it countless times, put it in the dryer and it's still going strong. I really like the design because it accommodates longer length for stretched out styles.
http://www.amazon.com/Satin-Pocket-...&qid=1403465071&sr=8-1&keywords=pocket+bonnet

I just can't justify spending $50 on a "luxurious" mystery fabric. At least the other pricy bonnet/scarf companies say what kind of fabric it is.

lilmama101, what do you use for protein balance?

Prettybryd, no issues with the band pulling on my hair.

annablack I alternate medium or light protein conditioners along with strictly moisture conditioners weekly. So it gets some sort of protein infused into my hair. This allows the hair to have very minimum breakage. I Also do a lot of low manipulation styles like curls, braidouts, twistouts, and box braid my hair so I don't have to style my hair or comb daily and risk breaking hair while styling. So I only have to comb once a week and that's only on wash day. Well twice because I detangle before washing and comb it with conditioner under running water to detangle before deep conditioning. Styling is a breeze because it will already be detangled. I cowash every week for three weeks and the 4th week I clarify with acv rinse and deep condition after every wash alternating protein and moisture conditioners

*peeps join date*
*peeps first posts being in OT*
side-eye.jpg

I have googled and you tubed I have found nothing about this product other than the link that was posted here.

That is just an oversized black satin cap you can buy from Sallys for a few bucks. :lachen:

$49.00?

:lachen:

Hell naw! If it's proven to give you thicker and longer hair an inch a month regardless of you doing anything I'd pick it up.

Please. It's called Family Dollar, BSS, Walgreens etc

MzRhonda

Which one? Dollar General, Tree or Family Dollar? So, I can go pick some $1 loc socs.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

MileHighDiva

Dollar Tree....I did not find mine where the hair stuff is they were hanging in various aisles and also near where the flip flops and summer hats were.

They look like this (various colors and patterns)
attachment.php

I found those loc socs at the Dollar Tree within the last month. Lots of different patterns, but no solids.

ETA pics:

image-2024271411.jpg

image-4238454483.jpg

image-1539666074.jpg

image-725060905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Back