little girls (type 3)hair and the "angel fluff"

melodee

little girls (type 3)hair and the \"angel fluff\"

My daughter has type 2c/3a hair and plenty of it. Generally speaking, it's in great condition, so I have no real problem styling it. But after about 15 minutes, her edges puff up and appear to take on a lion's mane-like halo around her face. It is frizzy as well. My lil sis has similar hair type and had this halo all the time as a kid. We dubbed the hair around the edges "angel fluff". Does anyone here suffer from this or have kids that have this condition? If so, what holds it down. So far, I've yet to find anything that keeps this hair in place. And yes, she will be staying natural thoughout her childhood.

Re: little girls (type 3)hair and the \"angel fluff\"

What works for me is applying one of my homemade hair butters, brushing my hair back into my puff and THEN tying a a scarf around the perimeter of my head for about 10 minutes. Mind you, my hair is damp when I do this. Sometimes, I will also apply some shine gel along with the hair butter.

I would try a butter like shea or perhaps avocado butter to keep it in place.
smile.gif
But I think the "angle fluff" is cute on little girls. And that is such a cute name for it
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I would try a butter like shea or perhaps avocado butter to keep it in place.
smile.gif
But I think the "angle fluff" is cute on little girls. And that is such a cute name for it
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Good ya'll. I forgot that this is a "baby" we're talking about. Sorry Melodee.

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Good ya'll. I forgot that this is a "baby" we're talking about. Sorry Melodee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a baby, she's what about 5-7 years old Melodee? (that's about how old she looked in the pic I saw)

Gurl, to me, I call everyone baby...even my friends who are like 20...the messed up part is that I'm only 29.

I should refer to her as the Little lady...I'm working on getting "baby" out of my vocabulary for everyone...

She is 6 years old. Yes the angel fluff is cute, but when she gets her picture taken, she looks as if she's been through a storm.

I have a 6 y/o too and she gets the "angel fluff". Most days I just let it go, but if I think about it, I'll spritz it lightly w/my homemade leave in (water works) and use a bit of Elasta QP's Feels Like Silk gel or aloe vera gel and brush it down before I put her hair into her ponytails. It does a pretty good job of staying put.

One word:

Gel

that's what controls my angel fluff

Back