Little girls hair

Chasney01

Hi everyone! I am not sure if you saw it in my earlier post but I have a little cousin who is 11 years old and eager to grow her hair out. Her hair hair is type 4B and is kept in braids. It is about neck length and has a tendency to dry out. She and her mom are a pretty bust two unit family and dont have a lot of time or money to spend on products. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a simple regimine for her. Thanks in advance.

I shampoo my 4 year old hairs when I do my own or either stagger days if I don't have time. I use a moisturizing shampoo, La Kair Cholesterol conditioner, a shea butter mixture, and S-Curl moisturizing spray. I put in twist or braids and re-do every three days. If I don't have time to re-do, I recomb on that third day using plenty of moisturizer. By that Saturday I know I have to shampoo her hair

What kind of braids does she wear? Can they be re-done often. If not, make sure that she shampoos at least weekly and moisturizes on a daily basis with a moisturizing spray. I would have them re-done every month at least. That is what I did with my baby's hair, but her hair gets the frizzies and after a month she is looking bad. Also, I did her braids so that kept the expense down. Good Luck!!

Wash hair with
Creme of Nature Shampoo - $3.50
Motions CPR or ORS Mayo - $5-$6
Pantene Sleek and Smooth - $3
Leave in conditioner - $2-4
2 packs of rollers - $4
Metal clips - $3
Lazy Dazy Bonnet dryer - $30
Wild Growth Oil or Mango Butter $7/$6

There you have it, everything they would for at most $56.50. Much cheaper than going to a salon every week and spending $10-$20 for a set (at least here in nyc). The products should last about 1-2 months i predict.

Hey I didn't know Lady Dazy made a bonnet dryer! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif Hmmmm... I love my table top one that I've had forever but where can I find that in NY/NJ and does it work as well as the one some of the ladies were raving about on here? I think it's a GE.

Thank you all for replying! Her mom sends her to the shop every three weeks to a month to get her own hair braided in tiny individual plaits. Sometimes she uses synthetic hair, but not often. These are all some very good product suggestions. Since Christmas is right around the corner and her birthday is a few days later maybe I could purchase some as gift to get her started. I want to start her out right, you know? In a few years or maybe sooner she will begin doing her own hair and I'd hate to see her make some of the mistakes I made!/images/graemlins/crazy.gif What do you all think of a gift basket?

When I wore braids using human hair...I had to be very careful on how I treated my braids or they would slip. Of course I was keeping them in longer then a month. Three to be exact. But to avoid the slip ...I mixed a little shampoo and sea breeze in a spray bottle (can use witch hazel or lemon juice). Sprayed on my scalp, let sit while I showered then rinsed - weekly. I followed this with a generous spraying of some type of moisturizing spray or a glycerine and water mixture - every twenty minutes for one hour until I felt my braids were moisturized. Then every morning and evening afterwards. You can also dilute a conditioner in a spray bottle. Reason for diluting is to eliminate anytype of build up in the braids and on the scalp.

Usually after one month I would touch up my own braids in the front and around the sides...going three rows back. I found out that this is what they did in the salon for a braid retouch. Her mom might want to check into that too...should extend the life of the braids and is pretty inexpensive. Also little girls are pretty hard on their braids...I would stick with a synthetic hair. They have some brands that are very soft in texture now.

Products: Shampoo & conditioner of your choice, sea breeze, 2 spray bottles. Moisturizing spray. Satin wrap for tieing up at nigh and instructions for use.

Hope that helps!!

Back