List your favorite Protein Conditioners here !!

AO GPB
I use Aubrey GPB only when I need a super light protein treat, as it's nowhere near strong enough for my post-heat strengthening purposes.
Jocio K-Pak Reconstructor
Aveda DR Intense Reconstructing Treatment (This is my absolute favorite, it's not drying and it leaves my hair soft and extremely strong. After constant use of this product I haven't experienced any breakage whatsoever, neither during washing or styling.) LOVE IT, Definitely a staple in my routine.

Hi I just bought Mizani Reconstructing Mask and Mizani Kerafuse. Has anyone used these and what's the difference?

I use Apoghee 2 min, mane and tail and nexxus keraphix and La Bomba I think that's a protein??

Last year a stylist at JCPenney did the mizani kerafuse and hydrafuse treatment on my hair and it was so lovely afterwards, very strong and I had no shedding for like 3 wks. I have been wanting to purchase but they are a bit pricey.

Motions CPR for me hands down. :grin:

I started using this even before I joined LHCF. Stopped my severe breakage cold! :cold:

I really want to try Silk Elements Mayo but I cant find any reviews or descriptions that definitely indicate it as protein. I tried ORS Mayo. :barf: I am taking that trash back to Walmart. Aphogee two minute is good but didnt stop my breakage to the degree in which I wanted it to. I dont feel as if my hair needs a heavy protein like Aphogee 2 step though.

I really want to try Silk Elements Mayo but I cant find any reviews or descriptions that definitely indicate it as protein. I tried ORS Mayo. :barf: I am taking that trash back to Walmart. Aphogee two minute is good but didnt stop my breakage to the degree in which I wanted it to. I dont feel as if my hair needs a heavy protein like Aphogee 2 step though.

IMO you want to stop breakage and or sheds ing you have to use the heavy protein treatment theres no way around it.

Has nyone used joico k pak and apogee 2 step the stinky one how do they compare usage and results which one is heavier or are they the same ? What do you use to follow up with joico and whats rreccomended ? TIA

Still loving Megatek here.

Co-signing on Megatek. I also love Joico Kpak reconstructor, AO GPB, and Ouidad Deep Treatment (too pricey though), but if I had to pick just one it'd be Megatek. I use it as a growth aid, mix it with a moisturizing con for a balanced treatment, and by itself for a hard protein treatment followed by something more moisturizing. I'm getting close to just buying the stupidly large size, as much as I use it.

Keracare super reconstructor

And

Aphogee treatment for damaged hair, i haven't used the one without the animal protein though.

How often do ya'll use the Joico K-pak reconstructor?
Is it considered hard/mild?

How often do ya'll use AO GBP?

tia

Motions CPR (jar)
Redken Extreme CAT
Claudie's Reconstructor
Komaza Protein Strengthener
Hairveda Methi Setiva Step 1
SSI Okra Reconstructor

I used to swear by full fat plain yogurt + honey + baby food bananas. That mix strengthens, adds moisture, and made my texlaxed locks behave better.

I just tried Ultrasheen Duo tex for the first time and it was great too. And cheap! My hair doesn't realy like protein so I love these two because they agree with my hair without me having to moisture dc or anything else fancy along with them.

Egyptian Gold is really good, it's straight protein (follow with a rich moisturizer) and I like Elusence Moisture Intensive Protein treatment

Back