List your favorite products for sealing the hair cuticle for that smooth finish!

cocoagirl

What product do you use on wet hair before rollersetting or styling that layes your cuticle flat and gives hair that smooth "straight" feel and look?

Proclaim Glossing Polish with a Leave in, I have NTM Silk, HE LTR and HE BO in rotation at the moment.

hmm, ok so most of you mentioned cold water and several leave ins. I don't know, back in the day (long before lhcf) when I used to get a touchup, my stylist would then flat iron my hair after wrapping it and my hair was super duper straight. Well I guess that answers one question, I have been rollersetting and not wrapping so I am sure that has something to do with it -b/c with a wrap, the hair is allowed to dry straighter. I am not going to flat iron my whole head after washing though as I try not to use direct heat at all. Guess next time I wash I will try wrapping and doing a cold water rinse and see if my results are different.

ETA: I was just wondering if there was a product that somehow made the hair and cuticles smoother (besides the leave in I'm already using) that would make my hair straighter with a rollerset.

I like Joico products...I have to try this in the near future!

It comes with the 17-minute miracle kit so you use it with the reconstructor and intense hydrator. I have never used it alone or after wash and conditioning but it works wonders with the set.

Next wash day I'll try the cold water :D Haven't done that for a long time.

Coconut oil works for me :)

After I've conditioned and washed my hair, I do an ACV rinse and that smooths my cuticles nicely. I mist each section before rolling with a homemade mist that consists of water, aloe vera juice, and whatver oil I'm diggin at the time (usually grapeseed or castor oil).

After I've conditioned and washed my hair, I do an ACV rinse and that smooths my cuticles nicely. I mist each section before rolling with a homemade mist that consists of water, aloe vera juice, and whatver oil I'm diggin at the time (usually grapeseed or castor oil).

Co-signing. But I add a few squirts of TJ Nourish Spa Condish.

It comes with the 17-minute miracle kit so you use it with the reconstructor and intense hydrator. I have never used it alone or after wash and conditioning but it works wonders with the set.

Ooooh... I'm not familiar w/ this kit, but I LOVE Joico products, so I guess I have no choice but to try it :rolleyes:

Joico Cuticle Sealer is the TRUTH! I use it for 5 min (instructions) and follow with my DC. Super smooth, soft, shiny hair. I I buy this stuff by the liter! FYI, it's only supposed to be used after the chelating poo because you want to get all the build-up and product out of your hair for the full affect.

Back